Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, Montana or...?

5/2/16 @ 1:44 PM
ORIGINAL POST
splashbaits
splashbaits
USER since 5/22/07
I have always wanted to plan a trip out West, but I'm not sure which state has the most to offer. I was going to start Googling info, but then I thought why not ask people that actual fish and have probably fished in those states. With that said, does anybody have any recommendations in regards to which state out west would be the best to travel. I'm not really concerned about the species of fish, trout probably, but just looking for opinions on why or why not to travel to one of the fishing states out West. Thank you very much in advance for your help!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 Posts
5/12/16 @ 8:28 AM
Bozo
Bozo
USER since 7/29/02
I fish Montana and the Yellowstone park area. This year I am going out again in June. This will be my 5th or 6th time in this area. Fly fishing for trout is my thing and I have also fished a bit in Idaho and Wyoming. The three states come together. Not exactly but close. You need to plan well in advance and water levels are very much a concern. A couple of friends just cancelled a trip to Colorado after huge snows there. Feel free to PM me.

Post Your Comment