Craigslist-asked to sell your boat??

7/8/15 @ 7:58 AM
ORIGINAL POST
wishin4fishin
wishin4fishin
USER since 7/3/06
Anyone selling or sold a boat on Craigslist that has been contacted by another person asking to sell your boat for a fee? Sounds kind of hokey just wanted to see if anyone knows anything about this?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
7/15/15 @ 9:07 PM
muskie nut
muskie nut
MEMBER since 6/26/01
Tell those "sellers" if they want to sell your boat, let them buy it first and then they can make as much profit as they wish.

Post Your Comment
7/13/15 @ 10:02 AM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
Yep, let it ride and tell them you need no help sellign your boat, car whatever. Those guys are just bottom feeders looking for a buck.

Post Your Comment
7/10/15 @ 10:21 AM
wishin4fishin
wishin4fishin
USER since 7/3/06
Thanks for the replys! The reason I asked wasn't for me but an older gentlemen that I know. He was sold a bill of goods in return for nothing. They took him for $350 to sell his rig, promising advertising in papers and magazines none of which happened. Unfortunately, he already did it and now they don't answer the phone or return calls. This kind of stuff makes me sick!! Puke Puke Puke

Post Your Comment
7/9/15 @ 11:15 AM
toyman2k
toyman2k
USER since 5/15/02
sold mine to guy in MN up close to Fargo off of walleyecentral.coms classifieds. $20. for two weeks. had an ad in craigs list and it would of sold there too and I got that same phone call for $99. they will sell my boat for me. no thanks it was a no brainer to sell myself.

Post Your Comment
7/8/15 @ 2:52 PM
Lundguy2
Lundguy2
USER since 4/22/15
I sold my old boat on Craigslist this spring, I had tons of people trying to scam me but sold it eventually. Biggest thing I learned was if anyone wants to send you money without even looking at, it's a scam. I did have the "company" call me a few times asking to sell it for a fee, didn't call them back.

Post Your Comment
7/8/15 @ 8:42 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
That is common if you put your phone number in the ad. Especially if you put it in plain text where it can easily be picked up by a program. I only use an email account that I have dedicated for just craigslist stuff. You can tell a little more from the email if its legit or not. Look at who sent it, how its typed up, etc.

Post Your Comment