Chippewa Flowage...putting a cancer victim (my bro) on fish

5/30/15 @ 8:16 PM
ORIGINAL POST
THE SNOOK
THE SNOOK
USER since 3/19/08
Fellow fisherman...My husband & I plan to fish the Chip Flowage this next week along with my bro whom was diagnosed with brain cancer in April. We have planned other outings but couldn't go thru with them because he was tired or not feeling well. Because of his illness our time on the water will be limited. I am asking if anyone could be so kind to recommend some good fishing spots so we can get him on fish quickly & back to camp to rest. Spots not to far from the Lake Chip campground would be best. Your kindness will be so appreciated.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
5/31/15 @ 2:37 PM
THE SNOOK
THE SNOOK
USER since 3/19/08
Hiring a guide may be an option. We will try on our own for a couple of days & see how it goes. Not sure how much time we will be on the water. Thank you for the suggestion.

Post Your Comment
5/31/15 @ 2:16 PM
THE SNOOK
THE SNOOK
USER since 3/19/08
Hiring a guide may be an option. We will try on our own for a couple of days & see how it goes. Not sure how much time we will be on the water. Thank you for the suggestion.

Post Your Comment
5/31/15 @ 2:07 PM
THE SNOOK
THE SNOOK
USER since 3/19/08
Jim, you have a kind heart. We will definitely check these areas. I'm hoping we are able to put my brother on fish, take his mind off his illness for a bit. Again, thank you Jim. Be safe.

Post Your Comment
5/31/15 @ 1:50 PM
ayeFeesh
ayeFeesh
USER since 5/17/11
Sorry to hear, and unfortunately I don't know any spots. But if I was in your situation I'd definitely hire one of the many great guides for that area.

Good luck.

Post Your Comment
5/31/15 @ 8:51 AM
fhnb92
fhnb92
MEMBER since 1/23/09
Sorry to hear about your brother.There are some very close spots by campground that you can find some fish. The first spots are for crappies. There are a number of cribs right outside of bridge on east side. The river channel goes through bridge and if you follow channel on south side you can find cribs on top edge of drop in 18 fow. There are allso some cribs by slivers point. One is to the left of house about 75-100ft.down shore and in 23fow. There are 2 more cribs by mouth of channel on right of house in 18fow. If you go east of that spot allong shore you will find a weed bed right before you get to narrows. This bed is good for walleye bass and northern. Right out in front of campground where big docks are (east side) there is a small island that has some sunken brush and a few cribs half way between camp and island. On the west side of bridge there is a bog. Fish the edges of it for crappie and walleye. Under the bridge is good for walleye and gills. I hope this helps Jim

Post Your Comment