Carp fishing in SE Wisconsin

2/4/15 @ 7:57 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Tunaboy
Tunaboy
USER since 1/13/15
I am looking for local lakes that hold a lot of carp. Sure I would rather catch bass, perch, pike etc but if there are more local lakes with strong populations of Carp I would rather catch carp than catch nothing. I do have a boat so as soon as the ice is gone I am ready to go. Any tips would be appreciated. Cool
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
2/10/15 @ 8:46 AM
piker_biker
piker_biker
USER since 12/27/07
There are way more buffalo than carp in belle now. Im not sure which is more annoying. Rock river is a sure bet at any shore spot really.

Post Your Comment
2/7/15 @ 12:16 AM
John.Rennpferd
John.Rennpferd
USER since 6/3/10
Yeah if you are just into fishing for carp there are some MOOSE in Lake Michigan, try the lagoon behind the summerfest grounds. You can also fish the MKE River, lots of big carp run up the river all spring.

Post Your Comment
2/6/15 @ 9:45 PM
denesox
denesox
USER since 2/1/06
Geez this is easy...lac labelle, they're everywhere.

For size, few lakes can touch lake Michigan. My personal best carp came from LM, it was an estimated 60#....bottomed out a 50lb scale instantly.

Post Your Comment
2/4/15 @ 9:27 PM
John.Rennpferd
John.Rennpferd
USER since 6/3/10
Look up Eagle Springs, maybe it's called Eagle 21 on some maps. The lake association has a bounty on carp, if you pull a tagged carp out of the lake and the number corresponds to one on their list you can make a couple hundred dollars. The lake association has a dumpster at the launch for the carp as well.

Post Your Comment