Cabela`s Grand Opening!!!!!!!!!!!

5/1/15 @ 6:58 PM
ORIGINAL POST
ere
ere
USER since 2/22/07
I'm sure Gander will appreciate that, there gonna need all the help they can get.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 13 Posts
5/29/15 @ 12:33 PM
Bass Pro
Bass Pro
USER since 12/21/05
Cabela's does sell bait. Just ask someone in fishing and they will get you set up with bait. The minnows are kept in the back behind the mountain. Also, Cabela's will price match a competitors price. So if you see a cheaper price for a product somewhere (Ex: Gander, Bass Pro, Dicks, Fleet Farm, etc...), just let them know, and they will match it for you.

Post Your Comment
5/29/15 @ 9:55 AM
The Fishinnut
The Fishinnut
USER since 8/11/10
Well after having been there 3 times now I decided to purchase a handgun from them.

Paid for it May 3rd waited 2 days and picked it up the 5th and took it back the 7th, Gun came with 3 mags. and one of them was for a .40 cal. which the gun is a 9mm.

Don't know who is dropping the ball here Cabela's or S/W ? Lots of phone calls to Cabela's and seems like no one knows what's going on, NO WAY should it take 3 weeks to get a magazine.

Also been scratching my head and thinking about the quality control at S/W on how this could have happened?

Post Your Comment
5/14/15 @ 9:48 PM
freemason
freemason
USER since 3/26/15
Admittedly its not Richfield, but the fly-fishing department blows Gander right off the planet. Even so, some items were already out of stock.

Post Your Comment
5/10/15 @ 7:47 PM
BadgerRedd
BadgerRedd
USER since 3/11/07
Underwhelmed to say the least at the "private employee discount sale" the Sunday before the grand opening, floating rapalas were $8.25 AFTER the discount(Gander had them for $6.29) the only thing I bought was Opti oil for $32 after the discount for a gallon. Not sure that was even a bargain. Hard to look at everything with the crowds but I certainly didn't see any "specials" in the 45 minutes I spent in the fishing dept. I'll look at Gander Mountain first for my future shopping needs.

Post Your Comment
5/4/15 @ 2:32 PM
sweeperq
sweeperq
USER since 7/21/08
I went in on Friday afternoon and was a little underwhelmed when comparing it to the other Cabelas I've visited in Richfield, WI and Rogers, MN. No shooting gallery for the kids, no boat center or ATVs, no bait shop? The aquarium is tiny compared to Rogers.

I liked the layout of the store. They have a decent selection and prices seemed on par with BPS and Gander. That said, they didn't have the 4/O offset worm hooks or barrel swivels I was looking for.

It is a nice store, but without the special attractions you find at the other Cabelas, I'm not sure what all the fuss is about?

Post Your Comment
5/4/15 @ 10:17 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
If its a brand new store, I would not expect every employee to know everything right away. You can hunt and fish a lot but not know of every brand of everything. Once they stock it and learn, it would probably get better. Even when I stocked shelves at a grocery store it took a bit to remember where some things were and I thought I knew food lol. Takes a bit to get in the swing of things if you never did it before. I doubt they hired professional hunters and fisherman to work there.

Post Your Comment
5/3/15 @ 10:57 AM
wack'em & stack'em
wack'em & stack'em
USER since 3/13/10
I was a little disappointed with the knowledge of the employees.and the smaller selection of firearms.I asked an employee about 300 blackout ammo and 38 super auto,he told me he had never heard of that ammo.I told the most Cabela's carry a small variety of both calibers?!he told me they're not the typical Cabela's store!I don't get me wrong I understand both calibers are rare not too many people shoot thembut 300 blackout is becoming more popular! That employee also stood about 2 feet away from the 300 blackout ammo they had on sale! But nice store I will visit frequently

Post Your Comment
5/2/15 @ 7:24 PM
John.Rennpferd
John.Rennpferd
USER since 6/3/10
So how much was the gift card? Was it worth 4 hours of time?

Post Your Comment
5/1/15 @ 9:42 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
You stood in line 4 hours to get into a Cabelas? I guess you have more time to waste than I do. It's not like a Cabelas is a rarity anymore, they're all over.

Post Your Comment