Brainerd, MN Area

6/11/18 @ 11:19 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Bowhunting Guy
Bowhunting Guy
USER since 5/22/18

My wife has to travel to Brainerd, MN for a week out of every month for work. Since it’s basically a free trip for me to tag along, I took a week of vacation and pulled the boat up here from the Fox Valley. I’m currently waiting for some nasty storms to pass, so thought I would see if anyone has any thoughts/experience/pointers for fishing the general area. I plan to avoid Mille Lacs and explore some of the smaller lakes and the Gull Chain. Plus, I have the benefit of fishing during the week to avoid the yahoo weekend crowd. Welcoming any input. Thanks!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
6/13/18 @ 9:22 AM
Bowhunting Guy
Bowhunting Guy
USER since 5/22/18

Tim: 

When I’m fishing solo with little intel on new water, I generally learn more and cover more water on “smaller” lakes. So far I’m in the triple digits with bass, some over the 4lb mark. Living near the Winnebago system I rarely target walleye on trips since they are in my backyard year round. However that does sound tempting, and I may give it a shot Friday.

Absolutely fantastic area up here. Virtually no pressure on the lakes I’ve been on. 

Post Your Comment
6/12/18 @ 8:48 PM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12

Why are you avoiding Mille Lacs?  It is on fire right now.  Sure you cannot keep any Walleyes, but if you want a 50 fish day with the majority of them being over 24", go to Mille Lacs.

Post Your Comment