Bimini top

6/25/14 @ 8:39 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Lund forever
Lund forever
USER since 1/21/08
Anyone have comments on using a Bimini top on a fishing boat? Sure get hot some days. Maybe a big patio umbrella would work? Don't know if a guy could mount one
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 Posts
6/30/14 @ 5:57 AM
GRANDAD
GRANDAD
USER since 6/1/09
I have had one on my Lund Explorer for 7 years and I would not be without it! The wife,grandkids and the dog can fish in the heat of the day and NOT get fried!I actually checked the temp. And With a little wind on a hot day and It was 10-15 deg. Cooler under the top.And when you DONOT need it it folds up out of the way!

Post Your Comment
6/30/14 @ 5:24 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
I also saw a small inboard Sierra on Lilly lake going wide open with his up. It was windy also but he had no problems with his.

Post Your Comment
6/29/14 @ 3:20 PM
spot on the spot
spot on the spot
USER since 7/28/13
Have one on my viper and use it on Winnebago for perch fishing boat does 50mph my friends are suprised that we can go wide open with it up.

Post Your Comment
6/28/14 @ 9:00 AM
smokercraft427
smokercraft427
MEMBER since 4/16/06
Mines hanging in my garage and has never been used. I'm not sure why? Just haven't used it? When I go on a multi day trips I stick it in the boat but it never seems to get used. Sure is nice knowing it's there though.

Post Your Comment
6/25/14 @ 10:05 PM
Frosty142
Frosty142
USER since 4/4/14
I have a full set (side and rear curtains) on my 18 foot alumacraft and it really pays off on those blazing days or the occassional pop up storm. Only downside..do not recommend the rear curtain. Used it once and damn near killed us due to high amount of exhaust fumes the wind was pushing back at us.

Post Your Comment
6/25/14 @ 5:31 PM
boattech
boattech
MEMBER since 12/22/04
Used an umbrella Saturday in my 18 ft princecraft. Put a 27" seat post in and put the umbrella in that. When you have a 3 month old she needs to stay out of the sun all the time and we can't use sunscreen yet. I was going at an idle and it worked great. Yeah if you leave it up and go full bore you will lose it. Just have to use common sense when using it.

Post Your Comment
6/25/14 @ 1:27 PM
muffstuffer
muffstuffer
USER since 1/15/09
Don't use mine too often but it's really nice to have when it's hot and sunny. Don't bother with an umbrella it will end up in the lake or broken. I got the cheapest one I could find it was right around 200 bucks for my 16'6"

Post Your Comment
6/25/14 @ 11:47 AM
cycleguy
cycleguy
USER since 2/8/05
Was at MW Marine yesterday to pickup some little parts for my canvas top for my Lund Fisherman... they had a boat on display with more of a regular Bimini top. Mounting hardware and such looked pretty nice.

I use my top.... and like it, a higher, longer top with the right mounting points that still left more casting flexibility would be even better.

There are a number of times mid-summer, where it is very nice getting out of the sun a little. Keeping some of the floor, cooler and such out of the sun.

Post Your Comment