Best Waders (Brand, model, and warranty)

3/14/15 @ 5:22 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Pointer Eye Slayer
Pointer Eye Slayer
USER since 4/12/09
Hey everyone! I just went through my second pair of waders in three years and am getting frustrated. What brand is the best and comes with the best warranty?? My previous two pairs were Gander Mtn. Guide Series and I will never buy them again. I'd appreciate any information on luck/ success you've had with wader brands. Thanks!!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11 Posts
3/19/15 @ 8:31 PM
JamesD
JamesD
USER since 2/16/04
I'm looking too. I use them early and late in ice water rivers.... Probably neoprene for me, but with insulated boots. Shoe-goo worked for repairing my trashed pair. Mine lasted much longer stored in my dark basement, always hung by their heels with the same plastic "W" thingee I bought when I got my first pair.

Edited on 3/21/15 8:02 AM
Post Your Comment
3/19/15 @ 7:36 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01
Bought my red ball waders 15 years ago. Had a couple easy to patch holes. Otherwise have been great. Neoprene sock style. Got them at one stop sport shop out of business sale in Stevens point. Those and my red fleece vest have been good to me.

Post Your Comment
3/16/15 @ 5:20 PM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
USER since 3/20/02
Dan Bailey

Post Your Comment
3/16/15 @ 5:04 PM
Scott F
Scott F
USER since 6/12/10
Cabela's house brand clothing which includes waders are warranteed for life.

Post Your Comment
3/16/15 @ 4:29 PM
paddler1
paddler1
MEMBER since 12/10/14
I agree with Big Musky. I have the Cabela's stocking foot waders both chest high and waist high. Both pairs are over 10 years old and still do not leak. With any wader one should hang them to dry, and use some type of mat to stand on while putting them on to protect the neoprene stockings. The price is right, too. I also can't justify the price of Simms. And I'm sure Simms will tear just as easily on a barbed wire fence! Take a look at the Cabela's Premium Breathable Waders with Dry-Plus. 129.99 for the waist-high, and 159.99 for the chest-high. I've also had good luck with the Cabela's Ultra-Light wading boot with the Felt sole. Some streams have outlawed felt soles, so if you're in the market for a new set of boots, Corkers with the Interchangeable soles have served me well. Again, with a little care, quality gear should give years of service.

Edited on 3/17/15 2:27 PM
Post Your Comment
3/16/15 @ 1:51 PM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04
I have had a pair of stocking waders from Cabelas that I have had for many years, maybe 10????!!! anyway, they are finally leaking, so I could never justify paying for Simms with that kind of performance. Maybe I was just lucky, who knows.

Post Your Comment
3/16/15 @ 10:47 AM
CazTrait
CazTrait
USER since 6/15/01
LL Bean for the warranty.

Post Your Comment
3/15/15 @ 7:47 PM
Brian Hammarsten
Hammar
USER since 4/5/10
Like the other two mentioned you will need to provide a little more detail so people can steer you in the right direction. If your looking for fishing waders Simms is one of the best but they will cost you. I have used Hodgman Guidelight chest waders for years with no problems. A buddy got a pair of these and loves them:

http://www.amazon.com/Caddis-Attractive-Breathable-Stocking-X-Large/dp/B000LZSC5E/ref=sr_1_6?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1426470276&sr=1-6&keywords=fishing+waders

I am not much of a duck hunter or ever used neoprene waders so I cant comment on those styles.

Roach's Guide Service
(763) 226-6656
Post Your Comment
3/15/15 @ 9:08 AM
frozentoo
frozentoo
USER since 7/27/12
Pointer Eye Slayer, EXACTLY what are the attributes you're looking for in a GOOD pair of waders?

Post Your Comment
3/14/15 @ 6:11 PM
Lund1875
Lund1875
USER since 8/5/13
Are you looking for hunting neoprene waders or fishing style that you wear wading boots with. I wear a pair of Simms fishing style. They have been from Alaska to DePere to duck hunting. Just have to layer up when it's cold out.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11 Posts