are there deals at madison fishing expo

1/6/16 @ 9:41 AM
ORIGINAL POST
cootpatrol
cootpatrol
USER since 2/10/08
I am in the market for a new rod and am also planning on going to the fishing show in Madison WI and was wondering if there were good deals on rods and equipment there, I'm looking at a lower end st croix or a fenwic in the 100$ range. Thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 Posts
2/23/16 @ 2:52 PM
Fred K
Fred K
USER since 7/19/01
SCMuskie Thanks for the Help

Post Your Comment
2/23/16 @ 8:37 AM
scmuskies
scmuskies
USER since 10/14/03
Here ya go Fred - it was under the exhibitor map: http://wifishingexpo.com/exhibitor-map/

Can't make it this year, but it's always been a great show. A few deals to be had, the Cap. City muskies inc booth always has a pile of used baits for sale and most of the smaller manufacturers there usually have something on blowout - still using a huge pack of closeout senkos I got a couple years ago.

sc

Post Your Comment
2/23/16 @ 8:12 AM
Fred K
Fred K
USER since 7/19/01
Greetings

Looking for a List of vendors cant seem to find it on there web site. Maybe it's me ??

Thanks

Post Your Comment
1/31/16 @ 8:38 PM
ButtsD
ButtsD
USER since 12/20/12
Besides the rods vendors and all the rest the fishing guides and experts put on free seminars all day. The stuff I have jotted down at these seminars have put many more fish in my boat and will continue on.

Excellent tips from these experts with many years on the water so you can't put a price on that stuff. I thank them for coming there and sharing their wealth of knowledge with us.

See you there.

ButtsD Smile

Post Your Comment
1/13/16 @ 5:49 AM
Marc Morrone
Marc711
USER since 9/3/08
We'll be there sharing a double booth with Backwater Custom Tackle - and some great deals on non-current rods, blems, and sample builds, many sub $100.

I'd suggest getting there before mid-Saturday, as those rods go really fast.

(715) 339-4209
Post Your Comment
1/10/16 @ 8:01 AM
brookie1957
brookie1957
MEMBER since 5/25/07
It would be worth it for you to take a road trip to Park Falls right to the St Croix Factory and story. Depending n the rod for $ 100 you can buy three Rods

Post Your Comment
1/7/16 @ 9:34 AM
prop-buster
prop-buster
USER since 6/14/05
guess I never looked at going to the show to get a "deal", always had a pretty good time looking at what's "new" as far as gear and tackle or talking to some resort owners for a future trip.

driving 160 miles round trip to get there, paying to park, paying to get in....it would have to be a "steal" to come out ahead on that....

Post Your Comment
1/6/16 @ 11:30 AM
LotusNMo
LotusNMo
USER since 9/21/08
There's some decent deals if you really pick around. Last year was there on sun a few hours before it closed and got some good prices on tungsten, flicker shads, and scored a symetre for 75$ (25$ off). I'd guess you might save 10 or 15 on a nice rod but I wasn't looking at those as close.

Post Your Comment