2016 Inland Fishing Opener

4/28/16 @ 2:20 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
I know many of us have been out in the boat already. But like deer opener, we plan, anticipate, etc. Where you all going for opener? I am going to Big Sandy. The home of the 2016 Governors Opener. Quite honestly I have never been a fan of the Governors Opener, but this year it is on Big Sandy right across the bay from my cabin. Where you going for opener?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
5/13/16 @ 7:07 PM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12

Good luck to all MN anglers out there this weekend. Be safe, courteous, and mist of all have fun.

Post Your Comment
5/13/16 @ 10:48 AM
Capt. Jarrid Houston
Jarrid Houston
MEMBER since 5/24/16
Post Your Comment
5/5/16 @ 2:19 PM
crits
crits
USER since 1/19/12

I go trout fishing in the Forest Cty. area. Maybe run into 10 fisherman tops, some years none. CANT WAIT!

Post Your Comment
5/2/16 @ 11:15 AM
Robbollio
Robbollio
USER since 10/17/04
Small Waukesha lake opening day for largemouth til noon before a bachelor party. Should be one of a few only out there. Bigger lake Sunday all day. Maybe Monona... depending on who wants to fish with me...

Post Your Comment
5/2/16 @ 8:01 AM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
Bugle Trout, I agree the opener can be quite the circus. I have seen many funnies over the years. I used to have a trailer at resort on Mille Lacs, opening weekend was always funny. Some people used to set up lawn chairs at the launch just to watch. I avoid the crows, but still go on opener.

Post Your Comment
5/2/16 @ 7:52 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01
The last time that I tried fishing on opening morning, I waited at the launch behind 3 other boats. Boat 1 had a rookie behind the wheel of the truck. It took him 5 or 6 tries to get the trailer into the water. Boat 2 couldn't get their motor started and after 10-15 minutes of playing around under the motor cover, gave up and put it back on the trailer. Boat 3 got the boat off of the trailer, the truck and trailer parked and when they got in the boat and turned the key, click. We got it going with my portable jump starter though. The guy did point out that he knew the battery had a full charge when he put it in storage in fall.

Good luck and safe travels to all that go out this weekend but I'll pass. I've been up north the last three weekends enjoying some great crappie action and I'll be up again next Wednesday after the opening weekend festivities have subsided. St. Germain area.

Post Your Comment
4/28/16 @ 2:52 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
USER since 2/15/10
lake mohawksin tomahawk

Post Your Comment