Your opinion on all season tires

8/26/14 @ 3:00 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Perchhound
Perchhound
USER since 12/5/07
I've been searching tire review sites PMC tire and tire rack ) and one will say a tire is good and then another will rip the same tire. Guessing one has a lot of those tires to sell so they say they're good. Wondering what all season tires others users say are good. Have a v4 Camry and a Civic that need tires come winter. Looking for all season. Looking at Michelin Primacy MXV4 but they are pricey. So many are highly rated then when you follow a review of them, 70k tires that really only work good the first 25k miles. Then when it comes to warranty issues some don't stand behind them. So ..... lets hear what vehicle you have and the tire you use that you like for snow. Trucks and SUV's are easy, looking for front wheel drive stuff.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
8/29/14 @ 10:26 PM
Route66
Route66
USER since 6/22/01
Cheer up Caine, it can't be that bad. As for myself I say go for the Michelans.

Post Your Comment
8/28/14 @ 11:04 AM
CazTrait
CazTrait
USER since 6/15/01
Get the Michelin's. Worth the extra $$ IMO.

Post Your Comment
8/27/14 @ 8:57 PM
Perchhound
Perchhound
USER since 12/5/07
The Michelin Defenders are on my list too, but again pricy when I need to buy for 2 different cars. May have to just bite the bullet.

Post Your Comment
8/27/14 @ 1:43 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
USER since 6/12/10
I have a truck right now with Goodyear Duratracs and I really like them. Before my truck I had an Oldsmobile Intrigue with the Goodyear all weather tires. I really can't remember the name because that was 5+years ago, but I believe they were the Assurance like The Dude mentioned. They really handled well for a basic car tire.

Post Your Comment
8/27/14 @ 1:04 PM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03
I put Goodyear Assurance ComorTred Touring tires on my Kia Optima. The ride went from terrible to excellent. I've found them to handle well in all conditions so far.

Plus, the tires Hurricane mentioned are terrible. Big Smile

Post Your Comment
8/27/14 @ 12:48 PM
Hurricane
Hurricane
USER since 6/16/01
Perch~ I put a pair of Firestone Winterforce on the Ranger a couple years ago. Like 'em. Do what an all season is supposed to do and will be putting two more on to replace the other two tires before the snow flies. Never let me down once ice fishing or hunting, and ride pretty darn quiet on top of it. Price isn't bad either. My 2 cents, anyway.

But, I'm sure there is "someone" who will feel tha absolute NEED to say they are crap and I shoulda bought..... It IS Lake Link after all.

Post Your Comment