MORE
General Discussion

Your Lake-Link Handle

4/12/14 @ 7:57 PM
INITIAL POST
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
I know that there used to be a thread on this, but I couldn't find it anywhere... Maybe it has been longer than a year, so it fell off the back end. At any rate, it has been a while, and there are lots of new folks on here. Plmlk stands for Plum Lake. As a boy, I spent my Summers in Vilas county on Plum Lake.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 118 posts
9/15/22 @ 7:59 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess

So how’d you pick your LL handle LarbaIIslobosorrus?

What about you Defcon? 

12/4/18 @ 8:51 PM
OB.3
User since 1/6/13

Was on in mid 2000s as OB3... didn’t sign in for.awhile and didn’t remember password or changed email or something so now it’s OB3.  Oh yea and I’m the 3rd OB. 

12/4/18 @ 7:41 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess

SH-

The back straps are actually great table fare - nice story!

Carpio-

Good stuff, funny how 65 years ago you enjoyed fishing as much as you do today!  

LD-

What can I say, I knew it’d interesting lol 

12/4/18 @ 6:44 PM
sheephead
User since 2/8/17

When i was a young kid growing up 2 blocks from the Wolf river I would fish everyday. I would sit on the dock behind the old American Legion in New London and throw out a Wolfriver rig and night crawler. I would catch Sheephead all day long. I always wanted my dad to see what i caught so I would bring them home. Everyday dad would get home from work and bury the stupid Sheephead I had gotten. Finally one day when the garden couldn't hold anymore dad asked me to stop bringing them home. As a little kid it didn't matter what kind of fish you caught as long as you caught something. To this day still some of my best childhood memories. Got some big ones .

12/3/18 @ 8:52 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

CARPIO!   When I was in jr high my grades were not! Well,very good but I loved fishing. One day I must have p—-Ed off my civics teacher. Exasperated he said “ don’t you know anything?” I was kinda a smart a— and rattled off the scientific names of about a dozenfresh water fish. Pomoxis Nigra Ammaculatis.Perca Flaviscuns And others including CARPIO  CIPRIO.   He must have been impressed because he recommended me to attend the TREES FOR TOMORROW camp in Eagle River along with about 10 others from Kenosha at no cost to our parents.    I actually learned A lot.      CARPIO.   Lol

12/3/18 @ 7:29 PM
Eyetest
Eyetest
User since 7/12/01

Plm. ? 

12/3/18 @ 7:04 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess

Do tell lildipper...

4/15/18 @ 9:38 AM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
PRO MEMBER User since 12/9/08

jaybee,

That's a great background story to your LL handle.  Thanks for sharing. I commend you on stepping up back then and actually racing.  That is not an easy sport and as you know, very physically demanding. 

4/5/18 @ 7:57 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

Well, here it goes.

When I was still a kid, living at home, I had a motocross track behind  the house, pretty big, best time anybody ever did a lap was 1:42.  Word got out to the motocross racers and pretty soon my track was being used by several guys. They talked me into racing. So I made it out of novice class and into intermediate. But my hole shot wasn’t too good. I usually hit the first turn at the back of the pack. Then came this race where I totally blew the start and was at the very back of the pack. There was 3 big crashes in front of me and I somehow picked my way thru the carnage and managed to hang on and win the race. It was the only intermediate race I ever won. 

The guys were laughing there asses off. They said it was like the tortoise and the hare race. So I was forever more known as “The Turtle”

4/5/18 @ 7:54 PM
Eyetest
Eyetest
User since 7/12/01

Plm, check your messenger

4/5/18 @ 7:39 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess

FishTab40, 

Where did your handle come from? 

1/4/18 @ 8:10 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess

Ah, that makes sense TS - mystery solved!  Simpler explanation than I thought too!

1/3/18 @ 11:52 PM
clueless
User since 10/24/04

When I joined I was looking for info in Lake Michigan fishing. Lead core, dipsys and etc... I was clueless but gained knowledge. When I looked at others handles they were musky,bass,walleye, big buck this or that. I'm no expert just one looking for info at that time. I chose clueless. Guys helped me out. Trapping forum was another one. Now I moved north and my big pond days are over.

1/3/18 @ 8:55 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess

Treeshark, c'mon man, it has to be interesting!

11/23/17 @ 6:11 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess

You should block yourself again, then it wouldn’t even matter...

Displaying 1 to 15 of 118 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE