Ye Ole Man Cave (In tribute to ours that burned two nights ago)

10/22/11 @ 9:01 AM
ORIGINAL POST
JayLane
JayLane
USER since 12/8/02
WOW! our own personal Man Cave, Rudy. You're a genius for sure.

Last night son Mike and I stopped at a Stevens Point bait shop and bought half a dozen musky suckers. He and his boy Casey and I are heading out to a small lake in a nearby county (even son Mike won't tell Pa the name of it for fear Pa will share it on L-L) to spend a day soaking suckers, telling hunting/fishing stories that we've all heard dozens of times already) and just generally enjoying the day.

Those two will be the real fishermen. I'll be soaking a wacky-rigged plastic worm while gladly enjoying keeping the boat positioned with the trolling motor. Hopefully I'll have a picture of two to share. Especially hoping that Casey'll catch his first musky.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 2,728 Posts
12/4/16 @ 7:25 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
USER since 6/14/05

I finally shined a deer here two days ago in the field....been pretty slim pickens in this area....oh and yes I did get a license at the last minute....

time will tell I guess....gonna cool off for sure....

Post Your Comment
12/3/16 @ 3:40 PM
fltlndr
fltlndr
USER since 12/25/02

Prop no deer yet. I only saw 2 opening weekend. I'll give it hell next weekend and see what happens.

Post Your Comment
11/14/16 @ 8:16 AM
prop-buster
prop-buster
USER since 6/14/05

Not sure I am even gonna hunt this year, but it is getting closer and who knows what will happen ...wish you luck on the hunt.

My son in law and a neighbor behind him were stalking a big buck throughout bow season, son in law got a message yesterday this it was hit by a car night before last....haven't really had any big ones running here that I have seen yet...could be running around at night...my 5 apple trees froze out this spring and that was one draw for deer that won't happen this year.

Post Your Comment
11/11/16 @ 6:28 PM
fltlndr
fltlndr
USER since 12/25/02

Prop you getting ready. The seasons coming upon us pretty fast. Had a nice looking one run across the road in front of me. It was only about a block from our property. It would be nice to see it opening morning. Well good luck and get the big one.

Post Your Comment
10/5/16 @ 8:17 AM
prop-buster
prop-buster
USER since 6/14/05

I haven't  tried to pull mine back...YET, might be the same thing....glad your shoulder is at least better, casting is important too :)

I have declared war on the moles now, damn things are everywhere in the back for some reason....guess I will put lime on the yard next year....

oh good....it is raining AGAIN....just got my stuff dried out from last week's fiasco...

Post Your Comment
10/5/16 @ 7:44 AM
fltlndr
fltlndr
USER since 12/25/02

For the most part it is ok. I lost some range of motion though. I don't think I could pull my bow back though. The good thing is I can still cast. At least I didn't loose anything there. 

Post Your Comment
10/5/16 @ 7:20 AM
prop-buster
prop-buster
USER since 6/14/05

know what you mean FR57, things are pretty expensive if you combine the crossbow (bolts), then buy a new rifle (ammo)...still haven't purchased your hunting clothes yet. Imagine my daughter's bf will still rifle hunt, I can help him with that I s'pose...I can wear my bibs (key) and $7.00 insulated rain coat (orange)

how is your shoulder doing fltlndr?....I still have a couple older bows, might get into the mood yet....but, there are a few fish I want to catch first if the water ever goes down. We do have a couple monster bucks running around the area from what I hear, probably get the cam out today or tomorrow....we had a bit of bad luck, I have 5 apple trees and they all froze off, thought they were going to make it, we don't have one apple on any of the trees.

Post Your Comment
10/4/16 @ 8:04 AM
fltlndr
fltlndr
USER since 12/25/02

I haven't bow hunted in years. Since I had shoulder surgery and before I had a hard time pulling back my bow. I can not justify spending 600 to 1000 dollars for a crossbow. All I need is one deer a year and I usually get that with the gun. I still have meat in the freezer from last year so I am in no hurry. Going to the meat market is not a bad idea either.

Post Your Comment
10/4/16 @ 7:43 AM
prop-buster
prop-buster
USER since 6/14/05

good luck deer hunting !! Looks like this year I might be watching instead of shooting at them....I need a new bow and some arrows, looked into a crossbow...came to the conclusion I will take 500 bucks to my favorite meat market and turn in into steaks, burger, and chops instead.

Post Your Comment
10/2/16 @ 9:32 AM
fltlndr
fltlndr
USER since 12/25/02

Yea I know. One of the marinas has a live web cam and it's been beautiful up there the last few days. Maybe next year.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 2,728 Posts