Wisconsin Badgers

3/26/04 @ 4:37 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Troutnut
Troutnut
USER since 1/7/02
I would like to start this thread up again for anyone who is interested in discussing the Badgers. In the future, I hope that the moderators will remove posts from antagonistic people, rather than removing this thread all together. Otherwise, antagonists will be able to remove any thread they want to. So, let's keep things good natured and civil when we talk about the Badgers.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10,169 Posts
4/17/18 @ 7:43 AM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11

Andy Van Vliet transferring to William & Mary. Bye.

Tim

Post Your Comment
4/12/18 @ 10:24 AM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

Rare for a true freshman to get minutes...Especially at guard!  With Trice and King coming back plus Trevor Anderson eligible, they are pretty thick at guard:  Trice, King, Anderson, Davison, Pritzl, Iverson, Schlundt and McGrory will all likely see the floor.  The new kid would have to be some kind of talent (Davison type freshman) to see much floor time I would think.

Post Your Comment
4/12/18 @ 6:00 AM
Ulbian
Ulbian
USER since 9/24/03

The way it’s worked with redshirting is that the player is given the choice after the exhibition games are done. Bo did this and Greg has done the same. The only time this hasn’t been the case is when there is an extreme need at a position and their hands are tied. 

So they’ll get through practices and some of those early games before the redshirt threshold has been met and everything will be laid out. The number of minutes a kid can expect to get, depth charts, strengths and weaknesses, etc. and give the player the option of taking one or not. Last year was the odd year where they couldn’t afford to redshirt guys they would’ve liked to. Now that there is depth it is more likely that it’ll be rare for a true freshman to get a ton of minutes. 

Post Your Comment
4/11/18 @ 11:09 PM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03

Strickland was about as late as an offer the school has ever made. Duck did all the recruiting on this one. He's a raw, rare guard that grew 11" in his high school years. Webster was the one who gave UW the heads up on the kid. Seen the kid play in a tournament in Florida. He plays tough D when he wants too. He's aggessive with the hands so depending on the refs he can get in foul trouble. His outside shooting needs some work. Would like to see him redshirt but not sure that's in Gardo's plan.

Edited on 4/11/18 11:17 PM
Post Your Comment
4/11/18 @ 6:44 PM
Western Extreme
Western Extreme
USER since 12/17/17

Strickland signs. I really like this pick up by Bucky 

Post Your Comment
4/11/18 @ 12:04 PM
Western Extreme
Western Extreme
USER since 12/17/17

Grad transfer Wyatt Walker will be visiting the Badgers. Hopefully they get get him onboard. 

Post Your Comment
4/11/18 @ 10:21 AM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

Even if Happ doesn't succeed in improving his outside game, I think he could be an effective pro.  Happ can beat just about anyone in the country 1 on 1 around the rim.  And I don't watch a lot of NBA, but there isn't a lot of double teaming in the games I've seen.  Plus he can handle the ball and is an excellent defender.  I think he could carve out a niche and be effective at the next level.  Hopefully we don't find out until after next year.

Post Your Comment
4/11/18 @ 9:59 AM
Ulbian
Ulbian
USER since 9/24/03

And that will be addressed by the pro scouts. He’ll get a list of things to improve and if he does, great. If not he’ll be playing pro basketball overseas. Hayes went through it after his sophomore year and was told to improve the same stuff Happ has to. When asked how many threes he shot to improve over the spring and summer Hayes simply asked: “how many times have you blinked?” 

The ability for guys to get third party feedback from pro scouts without losing the chance to return is what makes the NBA process far superior to the NFL. 

Post Your Comment
4/10/18 @ 7:49 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
USER since 1/14/02

And Happs issue is he does nothing from more then 7' and he shoots 50 percent from the free throw line

Edited on 4/10/18 7:50 PM
Post Your Comment
4/10/18 @ 5:44 PM
Ulbian
Ulbian
USER since 9/24/03

Greg Stiemsma played in 200 NBA games so that tells me that Happ has more than just an outside chance at finding a roster. You can’t teach height and Happ has that. If you could combine Happ’s height with Nigel’s range you’d have a pretty damn good pro prospect. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10,169 Posts