MORE
General Discussion

Wicked Tuna

5/20/18 @ 7:03 PM
INITIAL POST
chaw
chaw
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/02

Love the show. Have watched it from the very beginning. I like Joe from the Hard Merchandise. Don’t care for Dave from Tuna.com although he is the best out there. Paul from Wicked Pisser is a total spaz. Would hate to be his deck hand. Any other fans out there?

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
5/21/18 @ 3:14 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I realize how they grade the fish, if anything the show overdoes that part.  Same thing over and over again.  What I meant is that quite a few seasons now you see a boat catch considerably more fish and not really pull away because they are lower quality.  That has to be irritating.  Everyone has 10 fish and you get 15 but don't make much more money.  More luck involved in that regard than normal fishing since weight isn't the only important thing.

Its on the National Geographic channel.

5/21/18 @ 2:23 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

I've never heard of this show.  What channel is it on?

5/21/18 @ 2:14 PM
huntfish
User since 6/16/03

Just like the hunters, everytime they climb a tree a monster buck is waltzing by?

5/21/18 @ 1:58 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

The amount of $ per lb. depends on the fat content of the fish. They have a tool that takes a plug of flesh from the fish. Apparently they can tell by the color of the plug the fat content.    CARPIO 

5/21/18 @ 11:10 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

One time they said if a fish swallows the bait and gets gut hooked the line is more prone to drag across their teeth and wear through.  I've seen them break a few off that way.  Not sure if I've seen one break just from force of the fish pulling though.

I always find it interesting how one boat can have more fish but less money because their fish aren't worth as much.  Then you'll have a guy with quite a few less fish but right up there.  The one I saw last night (no idea if new or rerun) was where FV.com had 2 fish worth $7 and $9 a pound.  That has to just suck to have happen when others are getting $16+ a pound.

I go to this area a few times a year for work and the people actually do say 'wicked' quite often.  Kind of funny, always makes me think of this show.

5/21/18 @ 10:54 AM
Lundguy2
User since 4/22/15
Anytime I watch I always wondered what pound test line they use, I don't think I have seen the line ever break and they hand the line into the spool...
5/21/18 @ 8:27 AM
jlkohl
User since 6/9/02

I'll echo what others have said...Hard Merch is my favorite...Paul H from Wicked Pissah is a total tool...no way could I spend time on the boat with that spaz. Fish Hawk is also a favorite. Yep, you can see how some of it's staged and the drama associated with it, but still, a very good show. DVR'd every week if I miss it. Hope FV.com doesn't come out on top again...they're good, but arrogant.

5/21/18 @ 7:49 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I like the show overall.  I think some of that stuff is staged, just like on other shows such as Gold Rush.  But they do it for TV so I get it.

I never understood the different buyers either.  If it were a true 'competition' you'd have the same one.  But again, goes back to my first point.

5/20/18 @ 8:11 PM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01

I got hooked on the show about 5 years ago, try never to miss a week.  My favorite is the Hard Merch, with Dave.  Guys on the Fish Hawk are pretty level headed, fat boys on the Hot Tuna are annoying. Paul on the Wicked Whatever is a real pain in the butt. Love to see the Pin Wheel and Dot.com get into it.

5/20/18 @ 7:49 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

I watched it a couple times, but not religiously. I enjoyed it the times I did watch it.  

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE