WHY WAS THE PEARL HARBOR THREAD REMOVED

12/7/04 @ 3:59 PM
ORIGINAL POST
FISHON
FISHON
USER since 7/8/01
HOPE IT WAS JUST AN OVER SIGHT.IF NOT PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHY IT WAS REMOVED !!!!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 84 Posts
12/7/17 @ 9:43 AM
Bozo
Bozo
USER since 7/29/02

Japan thought they could strike a severe blow and we would back down. So they could build an empire. It was that simple and that wrong. They woke up a "sleeping giant". After the attack Hitler declared war on us.

Post Your Comment
12/7/17 @ 7:43 AM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
USER since 2/13/17

To this day, I have no idea what Japan was thinking by dragging us into a war that we would have ended up in anyway.

When I was stationed in Vilseck Germany in the 1990's, we had the opportunity to have a meet and greet with a dozen PH survivors who passed through on a tour of war memorials in the UK, Germany and France. One fella looked me in the eye and said, "we had it easy compared to what Hitler put those people through in Poland". Can't argue that.

What happened in Pear Harbor was arguably the most historic and course altering event in US history. God bless those who're still with us and those who have passed.

Post Your Comment
12/7/17 @ 7:26 AM
phishin phool
phishin phool
USER since 4/5/08

Wish I could catch a flight and see that...

Post Your Comment
12/7/17 @ 7:24 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

I heard there's 6 survivors that will be visiting the Whitehouse today... can you imagine witnessing that?

Post Your Comment
12/7/17 @ 7:05 AM
phishin phool
phishin phool
USER since 4/5/08

nihsi, thanks for your post, was awesome. On a side note, my main page is goggle and I was shocked, yes shocked, there was no mention or little symbol to honor today. Usually, there is some kind of "today is _____, 176th birthday. I most often can not pronounce (sp) the name nor, ever heard of the person...

Post Your Comment
12/7/17 @ 6:55 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

www.nps.gov/valr/learn/historyculture/national-pearl-harbor-remembrance-day.htm

God bless those that fought and died ...

"Yesterday, December 7, 1941 -- a date which will live in infamy -- the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan. "

www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/PTO/Dip/Infamy.html

Post Your Comment
12/9/16 @ 12:59 PM
SJB
SJB
USER since 7/16/01

Hey Guys and Gals - if I took this off track that was not my intention.  My frustration is a lot of our military men and women died when they didn't need to because our top brass did not acknowledge the warnings.  I do not mean to minimize the loss of the lives, and actually just the contrary.  Every memorial weekend parade we go to, I have tears in my eyes thinking of our soliders who did not make it home.  I truely take it to heart that there are brave men and women protecting us, which allows the rest of us to live our lives. 

I know, being a Monday morning QB here, but while war was not declared yet, we knew war was going to happen, and being attacked was iminant.  We should have been in a war ready format.  Not all of our ships as sitting ducks.  Even the Japs today admit they took subs into Pearl Harbor and communitcated out to their leadership on where we had two or more ships lined up together so when the boming started, there was a better chance of hitting more than 1 ship.  When our lookout guy spotted the sub and shot at it, you would have thought our ships would have been put on high alert and guns ready.  That is not what happened.  We acted like it was just like any other Sunday.  There were many signs such as this stating we would be attacked.  Out top brass did nothing and in result, we had many more deaths than needed.    

Post Your Comment
12/9/16 @ 10:46 AM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01

My understanding is that with 20 20 hindsight there were signs that an attack was coming. The last chance to throw the alarm was when the radar station picked up a whole bunch of planes heading our way. They delayed the warning because they just couldn't believe that what they saw on the radar was actually correct. To understand it better, you need to understand the context of the era. Mrt.

Edited on 12/9/16 10:48 AM
Post Your Comment
12/9/16 @ 7:59 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Unfortunately typical

Post Your Comment
12/9/16 @ 7:25 AM
lildipper
lildipper
USER since 8/17/16

I thought this thread was about why the other thread was removed. I didn't read the other thread.  To answer your question; This thread turned into a senseless conspiracy thread meant to honor the fallen because the thread was erased which started a conspiracy. Maybe the Japanese had something to do with it, but that would be just a conspiracy....sorry.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 84 Posts