Who has kittens

9/11/15 @ 12:35 PM
ORIGINAL POST
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
USER since 12/20/12
wife wants a kitten. Anyone have some kitty's that need a good home.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 20 Posts
9/15/15 @ 3:59 PM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03
Congrats on getting the kitten! It looks very, very cute!

I had a black lab for a long time. And I loved that dog dearly. Now I have 3 cats, and I must say, cats are awesome too.

Ours love any toys, but especially ones laced with the "Cosmic" catnip!

Post Your Comment
9/13/15 @ 9:22 AM
Ulbian
Ulbian
USER since 9/24/03
You need to be careful with laser pointers. Yep, they are entertaining and expel a cat's energy but some cats still need the sensation of actually catching their prey. Point that thing at a soft surface, a small nerd ball, etc. in order to give them the gratification of actually catching something. If you don't the demeanor of the cat(s) could negatively change. My wife and I saw this happen with one of her cats. The laser pointer was fun but without including some sort of object that the cat could catch giving it gratification that cat became less and less friendly over time. After reading different studies on the effects of laser pointers we cut back on the laser pointer time and pretty much forced it to bat at other things...it didn't take long and that cat stopped biting us. One thing that's more entertaining than a laser pointer is getting out a tip down, put a jig pole in it with a foam bobber on the line...obviously no hooks. The cats love those more than the laser pointer and it gives them that sensation of actually feeling what they are trying to catch.

Post Your Comment
9/13/15 @ 9:01 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
"They hear that sound and perk up and look right at you waiting for the action."

predator instinct kicking in?

Post Your Comment
9/13/15 @ 8:58 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Yea Cats hearing and memory is outstanding. Our cats know the little click sound of the laser pointer. They hear that sound and perk up and look right at you waiting for the action.

Post Your Comment
9/12/15 @ 11:19 PM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
..and every once-in-a-while play on of these:

http://www.soundsnap.com/tags/meow

Just don't overdo it.

One of our cats still freak out whenever I do it. The other just looks up at the PC and ID's that the sound's coming from there. That's all he needs to know to discount t it.

Post Your Comment
9/12/15 @ 10:25 PM
Mr. Killroy
Mr. Killroy
USER since 5/3/07
reeldrag83, 2 words for you- LASER POINTER. Go to the dollar store and buy 1 or 2 of them. Total fun while keeping the kitty busy expelling energy.

Post Your Comment
9/12/15 @ 1:18 PM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
USER since 12/20/12
Thanks pal. It's one of those things if it makes momma happy I'm all for it and while growing up I was never a fan of cats. I have always had them and they always seem to bring me joy. Crazy little buggers. Guess maybe I am a cat guy with out mowing it. Best pet I ever had was this super narly old Tom cat named boozer. He would drink jack and cokes if you left your glass unattended. one eye 6 toes on front feet missing half an ear just looked narly but was so cool he left dead rabbits squirrels ect on porch all the time. He loved people but hated everything else. It was awesome watching him kick the snot out of our hunting dogs he would stalk our 60 lb blue tick almost daily and just throw him a beating when ever the mood stuck him. It was so funny watching this big bad blue tick just shake with fear when boozer started flicking his tail. And everyone said if that dog wanted to kill that cat he could but ole sarge ( blue tick) tried a few times and the cat always came out on the winning side. Funny thing I watched that dog just hammer a badger one day just put a beating on that badger but when it came to that cat he was always on the losing end. But in all fairness boozer was a big cat almost 20 lbs and not ounce of fat. Great horned owl did him in thou. Anyway new kitty seems cool so far see how it goes mamma is happy so I'm all good with it.

Post Your Comment
9/12/15 @ 12:57 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
not a cat person ( I think ), but that is a cute lil kitty...and nice gesture on your part to get a kitten for your bride...

Post Your Comment
9/12/15 @ 12:44 PM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
USER since 12/20/12
Newest addition to the lake link family. No name yet gonna give it a few days and see. Very friendly and seems very curious was playing with toys within a few mins. Seems like it's gonna be a good cat. Big kitten thou was born mid June.

Post Your Comment
9/12/15 @ 7:41 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
I would suggest a shelter also. Don't pick the one hiding in the corner. There is plenty of them!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 20 Posts