What's The Best Smells You Ever Smelt

6/2/14 @ 11:40 AM
ORIGINAL POST
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01
The first wiff of 2-stroke outboard exhaust in spring. Thunderstorms. The air near the Pacific Ocean. Maple in the wood burner. A good hoppy pale ale. And last but not least, my old pooch. Some people thought that it was more of a stink at times but I never felt that way. What I would give to smell that smell again. Crying
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 24 Posts
6/4/14 @ 7:54 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01
I once told a story on this site about flatulence at deer camp and it got pulled so I don't think that your new thread will make it very long.

Edited on 6/4/14 1:32 PM
Post Your Comment
6/3/14 @ 8:25 PM
roofer
roofer
USER since 6/6/04
I agree with 1cast, muskie slime has it's own, a little different from pike. Hickory trees in Oct. NOT the grandsons first diaper swap! Wondering

Post Your Comment
6/3/14 @ 5:44 PM
rikj
rikj
USER since 7/29/01
Whiskey bottle, brand new car...........Christmas tree, not one of those plastic things.

Post Your Comment
6/3/14 @ 5:07 PM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
USER since 12/20/12
The two smells that always did it for me was that smell you get at first light on a sandbar on the Wisconsin river after pulling an all nighter chasing cats and the smell of the baraboo river river bottoms come opening day of bow season. Up here its the smell of low tide on a tidal flat. Or the smell that comes of the glaciers. And Mister bugle I here ya on those phish smells same ones that come from a ziggy marley show. Insert flash back of your best memory here.

Post Your Comment
6/3/14 @ 3:45 PM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08
"He who smelt it, dealt it".

Yes, I apparently never got past the fourth grade. lol...

Post Your Comment
6/3/14 @ 1:33 PM
muskyr#1
muskyr#1
USER since 5/14/08
Was at the Wild Turkey distillery and the wind was blowing in one end of a rack house. I was on the other end.

Post Your Comment
6/2/14 @ 8:38 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
USER since 1/14/02
Get on a motorcycle and you can have all the smells Mother Nature will give you. Drive by a farm and the farmer will tell you it smells like money.

95% of the people have their AC and radio on and couldn't tell fresh air when it hits them in the face. That's why all the folks from south of the State line love the North woods of Wisconsin, only time they get fresh air

Post Your Comment
6/2/14 @ 6:40 PM
1cast-away
1cast-away
USER since 2/2/09
Musky slime , morels with butter and garlic in a hot pan , inside the local bakery in the morning , fresh split firewood , spent shotgun shells and wild growth fields on a hot summer evening.

Post Your Comment
6/2/14 @ 5:42 PM
plumwerm
plumwerm
USER since 3/25/10
venison and onions in a cast iron frying pan over hardwood coals.

Post Your Comment
6/2/14 @ 5:01 PM
Mr. Killroy
Mr. Killroy
USER since 5/3/07
Duh, frying BACON!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 24 Posts