SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

What's for Breakfast?

3/25/07 @ 2:24 AM
INITIAL POST
tonyday
User since 9/28/04
In the spirit of the wildly popular "What's for Dinner" forum...(I didn't want to hijack the thread), what's for breakfast today or tomorrow? Or what is the best breakfast you've had or cooked? Recipes are welcome too. After all, it is the most important meal of the day! I'll get it started. Today is Sunday so I'll be making my famous Hot Dog Omelette (made only with Dubuque Cheese Plumpers, of course), a Bloody Mary heavy on the Lea & Perrins, and a healthy dose of Sunday morning fishing shows on the dish. A bachelor's dream! So what about you?

Displaying 21 to 30 of 964 posts
3/3/24 @ 1:40 PM
RangerKid
User since 6/26/01
Five egg Denver omelet.
What's for Breakfast? photo by RangerKid
3/3/24 @ 1:17 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
No topam i make my own. Every once and awhile i'll venture out to a local place if i feel the need but most of the time i'll make my own at home. Heck it gives me something to do besides sit and watch T.V. or surf the web.
3/3/24 @ 10:43 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
My mother in law stayed at our place while we were at a volleyball tournament this weekend. She didn't have anything to do so I asked if she'd be interested in making a batch of sausage gravy. Thankfully she said yes so now I have a 3lb batch for the coming days!  And this is the gold standard I hold every restaurant or diner's sausage gravy to so I'm in for a real treat!

3/3/24 @ 9:18 AM
Mrduck
User since 12/6/22
Snake, i like peanut butter and honey on mine.
3/3/24 @ 7:56 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
ChiTown, Did you ever add peanut butter to your waffle before you put on syrup? And Butter. Some put Jelly on too. Lol
3/3/24 @ 7:47 AM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
Chi do you do a local cafe / breakfast place around you or make it at home?
3/3/24 @ 6:51 AM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
Leaning towards sausage and waffles with coffee on the side. Think that will fill my needs this morning.
2/9/24 @ 5:07 PM
BUD E LEE
BUD E LEE
User since 5/19/10
Fire damages iconic Chicago restaurant Palace Grill

One of the cities best breakfast places burned down last night. A hangout for Bulls and Hawks players just down the street from The United Center. I have been going there since 1975 and know George. 

The Palace Grill has been in business for 86 years here on the West Side. While the building itself is still intact, the damage inside the restaurant is extensive and devastating.
The owner said he is just heartsick over what happened, as are many loyal customers.
Seven hours after the wait staff had gone home for the day, the staple on the Near West Side caught fire.
"I come in and I looked and I go, "Oh my God,' I mean I never would have expected this," Palace Grill owner George Lemperis said. "What are you going to do?"
A diner often frequented by first responders, politicians, and Blackhawks players, the iconic Palace Grill is destroyed on the inside.
"It's extensive damage," Lemperis said. "It's really, really sad. So now were are day one of the rest of my life trying to pick up the pieces and go on.
Dedicated customers of the 86-year-old business were surprised to see the windows and doors now boarded up.
"We were going to get an omelet that I get ,the same omelet every Friday," RUSH University Medical Center resident Sierra Broad said.

2/9/24 @ 12:54 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
All I had earlier this morning was a bowl of corn chex and a cup of coffee.
2/9/24 @ 12:32 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10
Homemade buttermilk heart shaped biscuits!  
What's for Breakfast? photo by ice queen
Displaying 21 to 30 of 964 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE