What Did You Do Today

8/21/14 @ 3:53 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Higgs
Higgs
USER since 1/14/13
Just wondering what every one does during the day and evening? Work? Play? Fish? Camping? Gardening? Smoking? You get the idea........ I work up early to put the venison jerky in the dehydrator and took the fiancé to work and then when I got home I made breakfast. I fixed the bath sink and took a nap. Then I sat around having a few beers waiting for the jerky to get done. Tried to read a book but that's not for me. Oh yea, I cut the lawn b4 the rain. I better save sum stuff 4 2maro. Just wondering what you guys do during the day and evening. Let's here it.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 2,192 Posts
TODAY @ 5:32 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
USER since 1/14/02

I worked and haven't anything that resembles leadership since my Supervisor was hired here  8 months ago. Great guy, been with the company about 10 years but he has little contact with the 3 guys that have there the longest, only the other r hired after.

Can only hope my days are numbered

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 5:14 PM
svitreum
svitreum
USER since 8/29/06

Witnessed my boss getting fired. He knew it was coming. Kind of a nice guy really but a terrible manager. That's 4 supervisors in 6 years. Wow.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 2:49 PM
One shot one kill
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Took the dog to the dog park  . Now to give him a bath .

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 2:27 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09

Thanks Jimmer, good to know about the hotdogs.  I used sheep casings for the breakfast sausage before so I know I can handle that.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 1:54 PM
Mr.Seaguar
Mr.Seaguar
MEMBER since 2/5/05

I am boiling some brats in Bud heavy. Also took the neighbor's dog to the vet to be cremated, that was a little strange. 

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 12:39 PM
budman1987
budman1987
USER since 1/19/03

Seagaur I like the subtle caddyshack hint in your earlier post...I found that amusing

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 11:54 AM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
USER since 1/11/05

LS, if you get the snack sticks and dogs down you will never take another thing to the locker. We do all our own, and those are my two favorites. Sheep casings are key for the dogs. 

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 11:11 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09

Made some summer sausage and breakfast sausage out of the last deer I got.  Never did it myself before but each year I complain about the bill when I take it in to be processed.  It was a lot easier than I thought and turned out great.  Guess I'll be doing it myself from now on.  I justified buying a nice grinder since it cost what I typically pay for venison processing, so I'll break even next year on it.  Next up will be hotdogs and snack sticks, I just have to find better racks for my smoker first since I can't hang them with what I have.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 10:45 AM
unclesmallie
unclesmallie
USER since 8/26/01

Coffee by the wood stove, lazy breakfast, cleaned my racing  bike and some online shopping for RUSH collectables.

Post Your Comment
9/24/18 @ 9:54 PM
Polski
Polski
MEMBER since 5/11/03

Hauled and split the tree, now firewood, that went down over the weekend, then put the canoe in the river, paddled upstream to a hole I like to fish (caught a snake northern, 2 smallies, and some suckers), then cut the grass, ate dinner and spent the last few hours of daylight sitting in my tree stand with the bow. Truly feel blessed to be able to still do this stuff at 63. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 2,192 Posts