What Book Did You Just Read ?

7/22/11 @ 9:09 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Hudson Hawk
Hudson Hawk
USER since 2/19/07
Just wondering what books any one reads? I just got done with Sammy Hagar "RED" and read it in 2 days. Very good autobiogrphy and am now reading " if this isn't jerky, than what did I just eat" from Bill Heavey. And just picked up "In The Sancuary Of Outcasts" An auto biography of a mans life behind bars for 4 years.

What books did/do you read or authers you enjoy

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 494 Posts
5/10/18 @ 7:49 AM
One shot one kill
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Lucas Davenport  series by John Sandford . A mystery series set in Minneapolis.  He fishes in his spare time .

Post Your Comment
5/9/18 @ 9:58 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
USER since 12/9/08
Just finished this in audio-book.  Wow....kind of hard to dismiss the data/facts presented that you can check and corroborate yourself.

Post Your Comment
4/6/18 @ 11:57 PM
rvrbt
rvrbt
USER since 3/24/10

C.J. Box Vicious Circle . A pretty good read .

Post Your Comment
4/5/18 @ 5:28 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

Another Roadside Attraction

OK, I didn't just read it.  It was nearly 30 years ago when I "just read it".  It was required reading for a college English class I took at UWSP.  You wanna read a really trippy book, this should be on your list.  My son's AP Lit teacher is having her students pick a book and submit a report on how the plot relates to current events, modern history or religious events (can't say Biblical because that excludes the Jews and Muzlims).  Here's the plot.  Don't worry, he's already been admitted to Marquette and made his first tuition payment. ??

"The novel follows the adventures of John Paul Ziller and his wife Amanda—lovable prophetess and promiscuous earth mother, inarguably the central protagonist—who open "Captain Kendrick's Memorial Hot Dog Wildlife Preserve," a combination hot dog stand and zoo along a highway in Skagit County, Washington. Other characters in this rather oddball novel include Mon Cul the baboon; Marx Marvelous, an educated man from the east coast; and L. Westminster "Plucky" Purcell, a former college football star and sometime dope dealer who accidentally infiltrates a group of Catholic monks working as assassins for the Vatican. In so doing Plucky discovers a secret of monumental proportions dating to the very beginning of Christianity."

Post Your Comment
4/2/18 @ 5:36 PM
rikj
rikj
USER since 7/29/01

Bood on The Badge......by Detective Ron Harris

Post Your Comment
3/28/18 @ 7:31 PM
Pool8
Pool8
USER since 1/27/17

Tales of the peshtigo putzer , short lighthearted stories of a guy putzing around by the peshtigo

Post Your Comment
3/28/18 @ 7:25 PM
Mr.Seaguar
Mr.Seaguar
MEMBER since 2/5/05

On the warpath by James Willard Schultz 

Post Your Comment
3/28/18 @ 5:22 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
USER since 3/26/15

How to hike the Appalachian Trail. Going out there end of may to conquer the Maryland stretch. Which is pretty easy by A.T. standards. 

Post Your Comment
3/28/18 @ 2:30 PM
One shot one kill
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Jack Rabbit  Smile 

by Joe R. Lansdale 

A Hap and Leonard  novel . A unlikely pair of Southern private eyes .

Post Your Comment
3/28/18 @ 11:31 AM
Route66
Route66
USER since 6/22/01

The Salzburg Connection by Helen Mc Innes   A60's book about natzi hidden loot.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 494 Posts