What Book Did You Just Read ?

7/22/11 @ 8:09 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Hudson Hawk
Hudson Hawk
USER since 2/19/07
Just wondering what books any one reads? I just got done with Sammy Hagar "RED" and read it in 2 days. Very good autobiogrphy and am now reading " if this isn't jerky, than what did I just eat" from Bill Heavey. And just picked up "In The Sancuary Of Outcasts" An auto biography of a mans life behind bars for 4 years.

What books did/do you read or authers you enjoy

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 511 Posts
12/31/18 @ 1:48 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12

Woodland Drummer Ruffed Grouse by Michael Furman

This is basic textbook biology. Overall good read.  

Post Your Comment
12/28/18 @ 6:04 PM
Treeshark
Treeshark
USER since 4/5/09

“Pink Floyd, all the songs. The story behind every track.“

Is this as awesome as it sounds yahay?

Post Your Comment
12/28/18 @ 5:27 PM
Pool8
Pool8
USER since 1/27/17

River Chaser you might  also find the RGS biologist page useful. 

Post Your Comment
12/28/18 @ 4:41 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12

Will look into that Manni

Post Your Comment
12/27/18 @ 5:33 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
USER since 11/11/15

R_C, what I’d recommend is google something like ruffed grouse doctoral dissertation or ruffed grouse masters thesis.  Maybe add a specific tag like reproduction or ecology or whatever trips ya.  There’s a lot out there for free or relatively low cost.  Obviously, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan universities turn out a lot of great stuff, but some other schools do to.  

Good luck and happy reading 

Post Your Comment
12/27/18 @ 5:20 PM
Pool8
Pool8
USER since 1/27/17

Frifishfry I have everything he has ever written,  in my opinion the best entertaining outdoor writer. My son got me Havilah Babcock,  My health is better in November. Just starting it.

Post Your Comment
12/27/18 @ 12:50 PM
FriFishFry
FriFishFry
USER since 6/3/06

For the purposes of this forum, I would recommend the books of outdoor writer Gordon Macquarrie. There are many stories of fishing and hunting in Northern Wisconsin.

Post Your Comment
12/26/18 @ 11:05 PM
yahay
yahay
USER since 11/28/07

Pink Floyd, all the songs.  The story behind every track.

Post Your Comment
12/26/18 @ 10:54 PM
BUD E LEE
BUD E LEE
USER since 5/19/10

Lake Michigan   by R.G. Plumb

A old book i purchased at a rare book auction...It was given to Joseph Napiezinski upon his retirement from his job as lighthouse keeper in Manitowoc.

Joseph Napiezinski served as keeper of Manitowoc Breakwater Lighthouse from 1911 to 1941

Great stories of shipwrecks at Deaths Door  to the construction of the Sturgeon Bay ship canal and the rescue of navy aviators in 1919.

The book was a gift given by Edwin Schuette whose family owned the Schuette Bros. Co. and the bank in Manitowoc and he had one of the largest marine photo collections in the world.

Post Your Comment
12/26/18 @ 6:50 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12

Grouse Hunters Guide by Dennis Walrod

Some science here but 95% "entertainment"

Anyone know of good grouse books with mostly biology focused.  ??  I mean we all know that grouse like young poplar so something with some depth

Edited on 12/26/18 6:52 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 511 Posts