What Book Did You Just Read ?

7/22/11 @ 8:09 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Hudson Hawk
Hudson Hawk
USER since 2/19/07
Just wondering what books any one reads? I just got done with Sammy Hagar "RED" and read it in 2 days. Very good autobiogrphy and am now reading " if this isn't jerky, than what did I just eat" from Bill Heavey. And just picked up "In The Sancuary Of Outcasts" An auto biography of a mans life behind bars for 4 years.

What books did/do you read or authers you enjoy

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 435 Posts
7/24/17 @ 12:14 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11

This wheel's on Fire. Autobiography from Levon Helm of The Band. Very interesting difference of some things with Robbie Robertson's views on the way things went down. 

Tim

Post Your Comment
7/24/17 @ 11:28 AM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12

The Vanquished - how WW1 failed to end.

This one is an eye opener.  Several wars and political jockeying continued in Europe after WW1 officially ended. This is what high school didnt teach us and what todays pop culture media fails to understand and teach when discussing history leading up to WW2 and the rise of Nazi Germany.

Edited on 7/24/17 3:26 PM
Post Your Comment
4/6/17 @ 8:10 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12

No One Cares About Crazy People

I havent read this but read a review just yestrerday. Written by a NYT journalst about his 2 sons being schizophrenic. Wow. The review alone makes me feel bad for the guy, both sons, same disease.

Post Your Comment
4/6/17 @ 5:59 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11

My Two Elaines by former Gov. Martin Schreiber. It's about him being the caregiver for his wife who has Alzheimer's. If anyone in your family has this horrible disease, it's a must read. My mom is afflicted and in memory care.

Tim

Post Your Comment
4/2/17 @ 8:09 AM
rikj
rikj
USER since 7/29/01

A month of Sundays by John Updike. I read at work on lunch break, no time to read at home, I am in the 5th week of a kitchen  makeover. I'll post pictures on the King of Your Shop thread if I ever finish the SOB.............Counter top, sink, flooring and lights to go yet.

Post Your Comment
4/2/17 @ 7:33 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

"The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck" by Mark Manson..

Pretty funny counter-intuitive approach..

Post Your Comment
3/26/17 @ 5:52 PM
Formerly the big guy
Formerly the big guy
MEMBER since 10/3/11

Finished rereading Black Light by Stephen Hunter. He is the author of Point of Impact that the movie Shooter was based on. Black Light is last in a trilogy including Point of Impact and Dirty White Boys. These books are thillers with politcal intriuge and action.

Post Your Comment
3/25/17 @ 11:10 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Dietrich Bonhoeffer was a true Martyr, unfortunately that label is over used today..

Post Your Comment
3/25/17 @ 10:55 AM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12

Currently reading Bonhoffer by Eric Mctexas, (the long version). Easy to see the parallels of mindsets during Nazi era and todays pop culture/political climate.  That evil never went away it just manifests itself into a bigger propaganda machine we have today.

Post Your Comment
3/25/17 @ 10:32 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Just finished Liberty and Tyranny by Mark Levin.. Interesting read based on where we are today. Think it was written 2009, but really forward looking. Sure explains how we are where we are.

Edited on 3/25/17 10:33 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 435 Posts