USER since 1/28/06
What are your destinations?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 87 Posts
5/28/18 @ 10:09 PM
amaranthlost
amaranthlost
USER since 5/31/10

I was at Glacier about 10 years ago. It was an amazing trip. We camped out there over the 4th so it was a little crowded but still awesome. We did a day trip to Hidden Lake in Logan Pass and it was an incredible ride up the mountain. We also did a whitewater rafting trip and that was a blast. We spent 5 days there and we had a 24hr drive out and back so the first day we didn't do a lot. Day 2 was at the camp resting from the drive and then the final day was clean up day. I will say this: they are very serious about leaving food or wrappers out. While setting up camp we had a pair of cubs run through the site, which was cool but also a bit scary since I didn't know where momma bear was. The trails and views were amazing and I wish I could get back out there sometime.

Post Your Comment
5/28/18 @ 9:14 PM
shadling1
shadling1
USER since 1/17/12

I gotta get out to Montana/Idaho again. Buddy lives in Idaho so that's a cheap trip. Half the wife's family lives in Montana. Some in Billings, Bozeman, and Butte. Been there for some fun trips. Her uncle lives in Kalispell but we have not gotten there so we we really need to force ourselves to get there to visit and go see Glacier National Park. We've been married 14 years and every year we put that trip off to go somewhere else. Time to stop being stupid and just go!

Post Your Comment
5/28/18 @ 8:59 PM
waltereye sr.
waltereye sr.
USER since 6/25/01

Chubsucker, if you are able to get to Charleston food is fantastic. Our favorite is Poogins Porch for dinner. Tons of others to drop in as you walk and grab and appetizer to share and move to the next.

Post Your Comment
5/28/18 @ 6:43 PM
Mr.Seaguar
Mr.Seaguar
MEMBER since 2/5/05

Short Fat Bald Sexless Guy, go ask that same question on 24hr campfire. Tons of people over there are very knowledgeable about Glacier. Also, read some James Willard  Schultz. Awesome, awesome story teller. Good luck, I would love to go but my wife would never let me hear the end of it if I took her some place with just trees and hills and animals or if I went without her.

Post Your Comment
5/28/18 @ 3:25 PM
ChubSucker
ChubSucker
USER since 9/3/17
Let us know how you like it. That's on my list. This year we are going to South Carolina on the ocean. Wife wanted a beach vacation this year.

Post Your Comment
5/28/18 @ 3:20 PM
Short Fat Bald Sexy Guy
Short Fat Bald Sexy Guy
USER since 6/27/08
Anyone here been to Glacier National Park or the northwest part of Montana?  I'm headed out there in July. I"m flying into Missoula. Any recommendations for that part of the state? Thanks

Post Your Comment
7/21/17 @ 5:49 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

Secret Service been by yet?

Post Your Comment
7/21/17 @ 4:50 PM
Short Fat Bald Sexy Guy
Short Fat Bald Sexy Guy
USER since 6/27/08

I got back from DC yesterday.  One of the tours I did was the White House tour.  They now allow pictures during the tour but no video.  After going through with my Buddy I went back and did a quick video of the tour.  I acted like I was taking pictures but actually had the video recorder running just to fake out the cops.  Here's the video if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUWEEfhJ2F0&spfreload=1

Post Your Comment
7/3/17 @ 1:12 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

BIL worked at Pentagon cool tours...Smithsonian museums take pass on modern art one it's full of artwork of soup cans 

Post Your Comment
7/3/17 @ 1:04 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

We're going to do a fly-in fishing trip somewhere in Ontario next summer.  Never been to Canada except to see the falls from that side.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 87 Posts