BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

Secret Service been by yet?

Post Your Comment
7/21/17 @ 4:50 PM
Short Fat Bald Sexy Guy
Short Fat Bald Sexy Guy
USER since 6/27/08

I got back from DC yesterday.  One of the tours I did was the White House tour.  They now allow pictures during the tour but no video.  After going through with my Buddy I went back and did a quick video of the tour.  I acted like I was taking pictures but actually had the video recorder running just to fake out the cops.  Here's the video if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUWEEfhJ2F0&spfreload=1

Post Your Comment
7/3/17 @ 1:12 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

BIL worked at Pentagon cool tours...Smithsonian museums take pass on modern art one it's full of artwork of soup cans 

Post Your Comment
7/3/17 @ 1:04 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

We're going to do a fly-in fishing trip somewhere in Ontario next summer.  Never been to Canada except to see the falls from that side.

Post Your Comment
7/3/17 @ 1:04 PM
Short Fat Bald Sexy Guy
Short Fat Bald Sexy Guy
USER since 6/27/08

I'm also doing the Capitol Building tour.  This tour does not get you into the Senate or House chambers though.  That's another pass that I'm gonna look into.  I'm guessing Congress is on vacation in Mid July but it would still be neat to see.

I already have been watching videos on DC's subway system. Not renting a car.  The hotel is near a subway station.

Also doing the Pentagon tour and The Bury of Engraving and Printing.  Checking out the National Mall and maybe one of the Smithsonian museums.  Not sure about Mt. Vernon or Arlington Cemetery. 

For the White House tour you need to ask for tickets 3 months in advance but they don't notify you until 2 weeks before the tour.  It's only a tour of the East Wing, but hey it's The White House. 

Post Your Comment
7/3/17 @ 12:36 PM
split shot
split shot
USER since 6/19/01

Most Congresspersons hire summer help in the form of interns that get college credit for their service and enhance their resumes. These interns are primarily there to perform tours of the Capitol Facilities for the Congress critter’s constituents. So SFBG, you may want to see if this is possible for you. Also, figure-out and use the train system; by far the fastest and safest way to get around that city.

Post Your Comment
7/3/17 @ 12:00 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

whitehouse.gov/participate/tours-and-events-rules

Public tour requests must be submitted through one's Member of Congress.  

Just so everyone knows you just dont walk in 

Edited on 7/3/17 12:07 PM
Post Your Comment
7/3/17 @ 10:48 AM
Short Fat Bald Sexy Guy
Short Fat Bald Sexy Guy
USER since 6/27/08

I just found out I'll be doing the White House tour on July 18th.  Woo-hoo!  Taking a trip to DC to do the tours and see the sites.  Hopefully Donald will be home so I can have a little chat with him.

Post Your Comment
5/19/17 @ 7:03 PM
Fishscales
Fishscales
USER since 3/2/03

Thanks for everyone's input. 

Post Your Comment
5/19/17 @ 4:10 PM
RistoRap
RistoRap
USER since 8/31/01

Our company just went to PTO from the standard vacation/sick day policy. We have to accrue PTO over the year, the longer you have been here, the more hours you accrue per pay period.

Being that it was our first year, they did allow us to "borrow" if needed for this year only, until we were able to build a balance. From here on out, you need to have a balance to take PTO.

A positive is that we are now able to carry over 80 hours to the next year. Sick days are also available as PTO. We could only carry 40 hours over before, but sick days were not lost.

In my case, I have 27 days of PTO and could have up to 37 days if I carried the maximum (10) over to next year.

Edited on 5/19/17 4:12 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 81 Posts