TV service in Montello

5/25/14 @ 1:40 PM
ORIGINAL POST
branchmom&daughter
branchmom&daughter
USER since 4/13/12
Anyone out there know of a company in Montello that provides service for us to get TV service . I tried Charter and they said they could not do. I bought a new flat screen and had rabbit ears and nothing. They sell the box antenna now also. Do they work?? Any help would be appreciated.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 14 Posts
6/9/14 @ 10:34 PM
JethroBodine
JethroBodine
USER since 12/21/01
Unless clear tv is different than clear vision, I'd get it on amazon for $16.

The reviews are pretty mixed though:

http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Vision-Indoor-HDTV-Antenna/product-reviews/B00DDUK0H2

Post Your Comment
6/9/14 @ 6:21 PM
love fishin musky
love fishin musky
USER since 3/31/05
Has anybody tried clear tv, I know Wal-Mart sells it for a hundred bucks. It says it is a long range antenna. I was thinking of trying it for our camper??

Post Your Comment
6/4/14 @ 11:12 PM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03
Marquette what do you have at your permanent address? We have a cabin we just extend that service from our home. We keep one main receiver there at all times. Costs us 6.99 month. Take one from home when we need 2. Direct knows we do it and have even installed the dish. Dish network won't do the same so we can never switch.

Post Your Comment
6/4/14 @ 2:27 PM
MarquetteCtyOutdoorsman
MarquetteCtyOutdoorsman
USER since 10/13/05
Our cottage is in the City of Montello. We have Direct Tv and it works for us. $100.00/month with a couple of the movie channels. Our neighbors have the 40' tower. I have no idea what type of channels they receive, but my guess is the local channels out of Madison. I'm sure Direct Tv would come out to you on HwyJ/Hwy 22.

Greg

Post Your Comment
6/4/14 @ 2:03 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
USER since 6/12/10
If you don't want to have a monthly fee than you can invest in an antennae tower and a nice antennae. My cousin and uncle live in Westfield and Oxford and they both get what I assume are most of the Madison channels. (3, 15, 21, 27, 47, 57, and sub channels) They have powered antennaes on 40+ foot towers.

Post Your Comment
5/27/14 @ 11:08 AM
wifishingfever
wifishingfever
USER since 5/30/06
Dish Network or DirecTV

Post Your Comment
5/26/14 @ 10:07 PM
One shot one kill
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02
Branchmom, and now you know how Lake-link works Sad . Seriously a cousin lives in Redgranite and has Dish I believe . Likes it , do not know the cost . I will check .

Edited on 5/26/14 10:09 PM
Post Your Comment
5/26/14 @ 9:35 PM
JethroBodine
JethroBodine
USER since 12/21/01
As a guy throwing $450/month down the Charter/Verizon rathole, the wisdom of your "short term "losses" for long term gains" is not lost on me river_chaser.

I'd definitely give you the nod for "wiser". When we were growing up we had no cell phones, no cable tv, no internet and yet we survived.

Post Your Comment
5/26/14 @ 9:21 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
Youre right Jethro, it takes more than 1200 per year to fund a comfortable retirement. Itdoes take a series of many decisions and a certain mind set.

It doesnt take a big salary or a jackpot from the govenment or a inheritance.

The point is, you can give your money to billionaires by staying addicted to their propaganda or you can finance a better lifestyle for yourself.

Post Your Comment
5/26/14 @ 12:35 PM
JethroBodine
JethroBodine
USER since 12/21/01
"Skip the TV, save, invest the money, retire early. I tried it and it works (retired at 52) "

Wowee! All a person has to do to retire at 52 is invest the $1200 a year cable tv costs for 30 years?!

Everyone will be doing it now!

Wondering

Hey...wait a minute...even if you invested $30K up front, and it doubled every seven, you're still only looking at ~$500K.

And a taxed $500K at that as you can't grab retirement fund money at 52....so you'd have to live on that $500K thirteen years till retirement age....and in ten years it would be gone at a modest $50K a year lifestyle even if it wasn't taxed....

Wondering

I'd get the Directv and invest in your 401K. 99.999% of people aren't investing cable tv change and retiring at 52. (but kudos to you for hitting the jackpot river_chaser!)

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 14 Posts