TV antenna

1/8/18 @ 7:46 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Brown haired monarch
Brown haired monarch
USER since 1/8/18

I have a cabin in northern Price county along the Ashland county border. I am looking for ideas  and suggestions  for a TV antenna to add to my TV at the cabin . Thanks 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 38 Posts
6/23/18 @ 10:23 AM
Post Your Comment
6/23/18 @ 10:07 AM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12

Never heard of or experienced cloud cover and rain interfering with tv reception on a traditional antenna. Mine is in the attic laying on its side and it works fine by me and I am 50 miles from the nearest TV station. My son probably hooked up an in line amp to make it work.   Like BA said make sure its pointed correctly.

Is it possible you need to upgrade to a digital antenna?

Edited on 6/23/18 10:08 AM
Post Your Comment
6/23/18 @ 9:28 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

if you add your address it will be more accurate  

pointing the old ant in the correct position will help

and a amp also

www.antennaweb.org/Address

DTV Reception Maps

Edited on 6/23/18 10:27 AM
Post Your Comment
6/23/18 @ 9:18 AM
Brown haired monarch
Brown haired monarch
USER since 1/8/18
Following

Post Your Comment
6/23/18 @ 5:45 AM
79FXS
79FXS
MEMBER since 1/11/16

Any updates on the antenna situation ? After having Spectrum bundle for 10 years I could not justify the monthly costs.I never used the phone service and I now get my innernet with my cell phone. Just have to watch my online time, but 5 GB a month is working. I live in Woodruff. I hooked back up to the old antenna on the roof and I get all the channels I should except for channel 7. The other problem with the old antenna is heavy clouds or rain and the signal cuts out. Looking for suggestions on a brand / type of antenna and maybe a booster if needed.

Post Your Comment
3/10/18 @ 5:43 PM
LUV2HNT
LUV2HNT
USER since 11/3/03

Pulled the plug on Spectrum this week. Bought an attic antenna at menards for the entire house and installed it Sunday. It's actually a blessing getting more stuff done around here than watching TV. I get 47 free channels and we've had netflix all alomg. I'm gonna try the Sling 7 day free trial. My son is bumming without espn, fs1, big10 and outdoor channel. Told him to channel that thought to better places... lol

Post Your Comment
1/14/18 @ 1:26 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
USER since 7/17/09

Ifishwi,  yes, you will need internet to the tv. Either wifi or hardwired connection from your router. Most people just use wifi with there smart tvs. Sounds like you have a smart tv for the hartford house.

Post Your Comment
1/13/18 @ 6:53 PM
ifishwi
ifishwi
USER since 1/12/05

I been following this thread a bit as I have similar situation(s) and changes. Hope this doesn't get too long...

All I ever had at the cabin (near Eagle River) is an old rabbit ears and digital TV. Started w/analog = 2 stations with only one good. Had digital converter for awhile = 5 stations usually good. Now just a digital TV and same rabbit ears but seeking better choices. I figured over the air was never going to get me much anyway.

I currently live in St. Francis and switched from TW to Uverse few years ago. Now I'm moving to Hartford and Uverse is not available there yet so they recommend switch to DirecTV. I like Uverse and tried for a seemless move, but now I'm stuck where to go from here.

I have a new TV for Hartford with lots of built-in capabilities (Rocu, WIFI, ect.). Some clarity needed as a few questions below seemed to not have been answered... Don't I still need an internet broadband service to the house, and in-house WIFI? I'm ready to make the switch but just don't understand where I'll be on total monthly costs. Please help.

Post Your Comment
1/13/18 @ 12:07 AM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03
You can do the same with sling. Only difference is you can't with local channels. $6 month can get hulu and get all the network shows plus some. I'm still half the price I was with direct.

Post Your Comment
1/12/18 @ 11:48 PM
Muskyhunter440
Muskyhunter440
MEMBER since 6/1/04

I understand your displeasure with your previous tv provider.  The cost of service and equipment charges nowadays does not match what your receiving in return.  I do believe you have to get lucky by talking to the right agent at the right time by phone. Some offer no help or do not seem to care and others will go out of their way to keep you a customer. With directv having the ability to record multiple shows at one time, pausing/rewinding live tv, on demand movies, and now having the ability to start most shows from the beginning even without recording has been great. Not sure what abilities you have with sling or if those options even matter to most people.  Convenience and more abilities with tv comes at a price, but to each his own, certain people do not need all that.  I really don't get to watch tv much because of work, but the wife and kids like it. Happy wife, happy life. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 38 Posts