Travel Guitar

5/7/15 @ 6:58 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
So... I am in the market for a travel guitar. Generally just to practice and play while I am on the road. I travel a ton, mostly, almost always on planes. I would like something that sounds decent, can pack and "overhead" well. I play for Church on the weekend but recognize that I am most certainly getting out of practice.. Thoughts? Thanks...
Edited on 5/7/15 7:01 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
5/9/15 @ 3:14 PM
Route66
Route66
USER since 6/22/01
Marty Robins played that type guitar.

Post Your Comment
5/8/15 @ 12:03 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
Thanks Guys... and thanks PSE for the messages. As luck would have it I stopped at the local music store in our funky little town this morning 20 miles away. The owner of the store had his custom made Gibson travel Guitar for sale. SOLD !! It sounds amazing for a mini..

I am giddy.. please don't ask me what I paid for it Blush (wife is not as giddy, but happy for me)... I suppose I should not have told her it was Her Mother's Day present. Better find something nice for Her later today. 24" of snow predicted for us Saturday into Sunday..

Post Your Comment
5/8/15 @ 6:49 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
There are some good ones out there. It depends on how much money you want to spend. There is actually a brand called Traveler Guitar. Yamaha has them . Steinberg. You should be able to get a decent one for 300 to 500 bucks. I used to play in a Rock band, but these things weren't out there back then. You have a good reason to have one. One thing I would recommend is getting a hard case to protect it. It will still fit it above head storage. I understand when you say it seems you have lost a step or two because of not practicing. It all comes back quickly though, as you know. If you get one, let us know what you ended up with. I think Guitars are like tools. Don't skimp on the price because you will get what you pay for. Good luck Dave

Post Your Comment
5/7/15 @ 9:05 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
Ukelele Big Smile

Post Your Comment