Trading post feedback

11/19/04 @ 1:57 PM
ORIGINAL POST
1fish2fish
1fish2fish
USER since 11/23/01
I thought this would be a good thread for those of us that buy from the trading post. I have bought 2 items in the past.

#1-835 Mossberg pump**seller "uncle smallie"

Transaction went well, we meet half the distance from our homes. The price was fair and the product has worked fine since I got it.

I would recommend buy something from "uncle smallie" he does business the way you want it done, like a gentlemen.

#2-PSE compound bow**seller "doug" (I don't know his log on name)

Transaction went well. Same deal, we meet at a half way point. Price was more then fair, I would defiantly recommend doing business with him.

WHAT HAVE YOU GOTTEN FROM THE TRADING POST, AND HOW DID THE TRANSACTION GO?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 2,148 Posts
12/7/18 @ 9:20 AM
wiscoarborist
wiscoarborist
USER since 11/6/18

Jared - at least neither of us bought a Ryobi Electric. When that's the "right" machine,a shovel works better.

Post Your Comment
12/7/18 @ 9:10 AM
Jared
Jared
USER since 7/22/01

Wisco,

I just didn't think it was that far off is all. Who knows, dude might take less.

Also "to be fair", or full disclosure, I just bought one last weekend. I have family that work at Ariens, so I got a quite a significant discount.

Post Your Comment
12/7/18 @ 8:51 AM
wiscoarborist
wiscoarborist
USER since 11/6/18

Jared - "to be fair",I DID get 10% off the one I bought a couple weeks ago...But I had been shopping and comparing since the new models came out.

So...My numbers are about right for a careful shopper. Your's for someone who doesn't look for bargains.

Then there's my BIL (with twice the driveway I do) who was bragging to me yesterday about the Ryobi single stage electric he just bought new for $150.

Post Your Comment
12/7/18 @ 8:33 AM
Jared
Jared
USER since 7/22/01

To be fair, a new Ariens Deluxe 28 is about $1150 (with tax) from HD.

$875 seems pretty fair IMO as it's about 75% of new, with no tax. 

Post Your Comment
12/7/18 @ 5:37 AM
rikj
rikj
USER since 7/29/01

Looking for a nice used trailer ball, the top end of my budget is $3.50. Please PM me if anything pops up.............Thanks.......I noticed one for $4.00 but I think he is pretty firm with that price as it has been for sale for a loooooong time.

Post Your Comment
12/6/18 @ 11:50 PM
wiscoarborist
wiscoarborist
USER since 11/6/18

If I thought I vould reliably buy new snowblowers,use them for 3 years and sell them - without warrantee - for $100 less than they sell for new,I'd have a brand new snowblower every three years.

Can't blame a guy for trying.

Hell,I'd even sell it for $150 less than new. $50/year for a reliable machine? At that my new Ariens won't pay for itself for 17 years....Maybe it'll be for sale in a couple years. "practically new"...$100 less than I paid.. if someone bites,great. If not,I'll still only have a 2 year old machine.

Post Your Comment
12/5/18 @ 9:36 AM
Jared
Jared
USER since 7/22/01

$50 price drop on the "Farve" tapes! They are sure to go fast now!

Post Your Comment
12/3/18 @ 6:00 PM
wiscoarborist
wiscoarborist
USER since 11/6/18

Wouldn't "reducting" them make them leak?

Post Your Comment
12/3/18 @ 5:46 PM
Jared
Jared
USER since 7/22/01

"Collectible" minnow buckets are REDUCTED!

Post Your Comment
12/3/18 @ 5:17 PM
Pike River Outfitters
Pike River Outfitters
MEMBER since 5/3/08

I hear ya smallie , like wtf

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 2,148 Posts