Time Warner Cable

2/23/16 @ 7:44 PM
ORIGINAL POST
44/45
44/45
MEMBER since 3/9/11
WOW, who is going to bring competition to these thieves. Every month this year I have seen an increase. This insanity is worse than prescription drugs. Would love to give dish.net a try but know nothing about this service. I have plain old cable, plain old internet service, and a land line and pay almost 200.00 a month. Don't these thieves realize eventually there will be a mass exodus. Unfortunately I cannot live without it!!! Angry
Post Your Comment
Displaying 11 to 20 of 22 Posts
2/1/17 @ 7:36 AM
Musky99
Musky99
USER since 8/8/11

Murman,

What do you do for phone and cable when you are using directv or dish?

Post Your Comment
1/31/17 @ 8:54 PM
murman
murman
USER since 11/4/08

I pay $110 a month from Charter for tv, internet, and phone.  I got the new customer deal.  I trade back and forth every 2 years from Charter and Directv to get new custmer deals.  That way I don't have to pay too much.  

Post Your Comment
1/31/17 @ 1:18 PM
Route66
Route66
USER since 6/22/01

I have Verizion [cell] , Century [land line and internet] and Direct TV in a bundle and it costs $325.00 a month. I call and complain every other month. Direct TV is the baddie.

Post Your Comment
1/31/17 @ 1:17 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

you don't consider hacking the firestick illegal? driving up costs for people that play honestly?

Post Your Comment
1/31/17 @ 1:13 PM
Publiclandhunter
Publiclandhunter
USER since 8/31/11

I had an antenna installed in my attic for 200$.  Around 60 free channels, was lucky to pick up the Madison and Milwaukee areas.

Simple internet "hack" to the amazon fire stick and I'm good to go for anything I could possibly need.  Just watched the new star wars movie still in theaters from my lazy boy last week.

No issues paying for wifi, TV never again.

Post Your Comment
1/31/17 @ 12:40 PM
FISH CRIBS
FISH CRIBS
USER since 10/5/15

Research Sling-TV

Post Your Comment
1/31/17 @ 12:30 PM
Musky99
Musky99
USER since 8/8/11

Well after almost 45 mintutes, I got off the phone with new Spectrum which is replacing Time Warner and am very frustrated. 

My total monthly TWC bill in2016 started at $144/month for phone, internet and tv. My January bill under TWC 198.  I am now being charged for equipment and other misc. fees as well other general increases. I did get a few new channels, that i do not need.

I told the Spectrum I need to decrease my bill or I will be leaving. After much back in forth she got me to 212 , or 190 depending on channel selection.  I asked if i dropped my phone what would it save me she about $5/month.

I live in Waukesha county and as far as I know the only option for internet is Spectrum.

SO what are other people doing to solve the their TV, internet needs?

Post Your Comment
2/23/16 @ 9:17 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
I pay 40/mo for ATT internet. So do people really pay over 100/mmo for television? Wife and I stopped paying when it $9/mo and we have never looked back. That was a good riddance!!

Post Your Comment
2/23/16 @ 8:33 PM
mattg589
mattg589
USER since 2/27/05
The price these companies are charging is pretty ridiculous. I have AT&T U-Verse and pay around $180 a month for cable and internet. If I would call and complain they would lower my bill for three months, but then it would be right back to where it was before. Unfortunately it's an all day process to call them, so I finally gave up and just pay the bill. Don't fall for the free channel or internet speed upgrade because if you don't cancel it after the 3 or 6 months or whatever they give you it will just increase your bill after that time frame.

Post Your Comment
2/23/16 @ 8:21 PM
kyl_me
kyl_me
USER since 7/21/08
Returned my TWC box on Sunday. Took the modem back at the same time. Bought a modem for $60. Was paying $10/month to rent it. Bill should go from 180 to 50. Good riddance.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 11 to 20 of 22 Posts