Time to talk BREWERS!!!!

3/30/02 @ 9:29 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Crazyotto
Crazyotto
USER since 10/2/01
Yeah I know baseball is ruined and ther Brewerw are almost as severly hampered by Princess Prieb as they are the lack of revenue sharing, but Im still excited. I am probably crazy but I think the Crew should be .500 this year and if Sheets, Wright, Quevedo, and Nuegebaur pitch up to their potential and we dont swing at everything, I think the crew can win 90 and be in the wild card race late, which is something we havent seen in a long, long time. They must finish over .500 to avoid 10 years straight of losing seasons. I think it is time for a coup to remove Princess Prieb.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 48,160 Posts
TODAY @ 10:14 AM
Pool8
Pool8
USER since 1/27/17

Was out of town up north for a week got score updates from my son. Congratulations to your Brewers on a great season , after loosing your starting pitching at the beginning of the year and doing what they did is really a testament to them as a team. They should be very competitive next year again. Fun to watch.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 5:36 AM
rikj
rikj
USER since 7/29/01

The best record in the NL, game 7 at home with your best starter and your best BP pitcher on full rest, I'll take that any year!!

Tried to watch the Bucks last night ..............Better the dancing with the stars, my voice or Survivor shows that seem to be popular now, but by much...........

Post Your Comment
10/22/18 @ 11:06 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Thanks Backwards. Nice to see their name on the Champs line. 

So happy Houston is out of the Central. YIKES. That would stink. It's loaded enough as it is right now. 

Post Your Comment
10/22/18 @ 10:03 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

Central division champs... but I know what you meant

www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/NL_Central_Division

Post Your Comment
10/22/18 @ 9:19 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

The Wisconsin Badgers have not won a championship in football or basketball in my lifetime. Yet, they’ve had a lot of great seasons and good memories. I really don’t think a championship is the only way to measure a team’s success. That’s just my opinion of course.

But, to me, just because the Brewers didn’t win a championship doesn’t mean it wasn’t an awesome season. A championship would be awesome for sure,  and there is certainly disappointment over game 7.....but in my opinion this season was a success. If I were grading it, I’d give it an A-. With some of the low grades I pulled off in school, an A- looks very good to me. 

Post Your Comment
10/22/18 @ 8:19 PM
murman
murman
USER since 11/4/08

For Schoop, I really wouldn't be surprised if the Brewers traded him, even if it weren't for much. He just isn't consistent, and shows no enthusiasm. He strikes out, and shows no frustration what so ever, and he wasn't too happy about being traded to Brewers in the first place.  Moose, probably released, he had a good year, but not $15 Million worth for a small market team.  Starters next year for pitching, Nelson, Chachin, Woodruff, Burnes, and (open slot).

Hiura struggled a bit in AA.  He started strong, but last half he hit .240 in AA.  He is most likely a 2020 candidate.    

Edited on 10/22/18 8:20 PM
Post Your Comment
10/22/18 @ 7:59 PM
clark co chris
clark co chris
USER since 4/5/09

A few moments to check in here,

Schoop.  He has one year of arbitration eligibility left.  He made 8.5 mil in '18.   Rarely does anybody take a pay cut in their last arb eligible year.  he did kind of stink it up this year in Milwaukee, but his past track recors is pretty soild.  Two best in house candidates to replace him would be Huira (who may be a year away...or half a year) and Mauricio Dubon, who tore his ACL in May. He was probably days away from a call-up when the injury occurred, so not sure if he would be ready.  In al reality, while it would not surprise me to non-tender him or look to trade his, I think they go to arbitration with him and he start 2019 here.   By letting him go, you really admit to making a horrible trade, and I don't think Stearns would to that. If they do cut ties with him, to they stick with Shaw at 2nd??  Moustakas has a 15 mil mutual option or a 1 mil buyout for '19.  He was good at 3rd.....real good!  but 15 mil good??  He was a free agent last year and KC made him a last minute deal before spring training because he had zero takers for what he was asking for.  Interesting to see what happens there!

Anderson and Thames.  I do not see the situation there being  a locker room cancer.  I would hope they would use their exclusion in the playoffs as a form of motivation and work harder to be better next year.  Sounds simple, and it's not, but would be a little surprised if Anderson is not back next year.  Thames, maybe 50/50.  Aguilar if certainly the starter now, but things happen as you go through spring training.  Just look at last year, Aggy was the 'odd man out", but managed to stick, and then, boom.

Rotation next year....Chacin,  Hope that between Nelson, Davies, Anderson, and Guerra, two of them can bounce back and be as productive as they were at previous points in their career.  Between Peralta, Woodruff, and Burnes, two of them can establish themselves as solid guys with no setbacks or growing pains.  Miley and Gonzalez.....offer them contracts and see what happens?? Especially Miley, he was really good when healthy, nd would be great to have that personality on the staff and in the clubhouse.   Lots of options!! 

Post Your Comment
10/22/18 @ 1:22 PM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
USER since 2/13/17

"I also thinks Schoop is gone after his dissapointing performance. I do still remember the slam he hit off of Baumgartner after the Braun altercation. That was sweet but he did very little with his other opportunities. I beleive we have our 2nd baseman of the future (Hiura) in the farm system. Kid can flat out hit and he appears to be over his arm issue and improving in the field. I would not be surprised if he makes the team in 2019."

Schoop will probably end up in Spring Training, he's young and talented. I don't see them giving up on him yet, but wouldn't b surprised with a non-tender during camp.

Post Your Comment
10/22/18 @ 1:06 PM
kona77
kona77
USER since 6/20/13

The biggest problem with our offense in game 7 was the Buehler kid.. You guys do realize the stuff he brings to the table??? He was hitting his spots with a 96-99mph fastball and then throwing a pretty filthy curveball. Sometimes the pitcher on the other side is just on top of his game and is just too tough to hit. Buehler is going to be special pitcher for years to come for the Dodgers.( I beleive we have his match in Burnes and Hadar)..

I do agree that like most MLB teams the Brewers fall into the 'swing for the fences" mentality.. Game 6 was a welcomed change from that approach but a big part of that was due to the LA pitcher keeping balls up in the zone and not having anywhere near the stuff that Buehler had in game 7.. Heck we do not even have anyone on our team that we can count on to lay down a bunt.. But once again that is the new approach in todays game where analytics and "launch angles" are more important than small ball. Personally I do not get it but all the new GM's (like Stearns) are adopting to this style.

I also thinks Schoop is gone after his dissapointing performance. I do still remember the slam he hit off of Baumgartner after the Braun altercation. That was sweet but he did very little with his other opportunities. I beleive we have our 2nd baseman of the future (Hiura) in the farm system. Kid can flat out hit and he appears to be over his arm issue and improving in the field. I would not be surprised if he makes the team in 2019.

Post Your Comment
10/22/18 @ 1:01 PM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
USER since 2/13/17

"My biggest concern might be Jesus Aguilar.  Would the real Jesus Aguilar please stand up?  I'm fine with a .270 hitter that will give you 30 HRs."

He's a .265 guy for sure. Question is, how many HRs can you get from him? 25-35? If that's the case, then Milwaukee will be fine with him at first. They may want to think about working on conditioning with him. He's somewhere around 270lbs and needs days off. He's not Prince Fielder would would give you 155 of 162 games.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 48,160 Posts