Time to talk BREWERS!!!!

3/30/02 @ 8:29 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Crazyotto
Crazyotto
USER since 10/2/01
Yeah I know baseball is ruined and ther Brewerw are almost as severly hampered by Princess Prieb as they are the lack of revenue sharing, but Im still excited. I am probably crazy but I think the Crew should be .500 this year and if Sheets, Wright, Quevedo, and Nuegebaur pitch up to their potential and we dont swing at everything, I think the crew can win 90 and be in the wild card race late, which is something we havent seen in a long, long time. They must finish over .500 to avoid 10 years straight of losing seasons. I think it is time for a coup to remove Princess Prieb.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 48,231 Posts
TODAY @ 10:30 AM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

I’d be skeptical that they’d put a number like that out in public. But that might be a startingpoint.  Who knows? They do seem to like to add parts in July which financially make sense. Just lose prospects that way though.

Edited on 12/12/18 10:31 AM
Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 9:08 AM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
USER since 2/13/17

Not sure if I heard this right, but Milwaukee is putting a cap on salaries at 110M?? I hope not.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 8:12 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

was a fun season for sure... lots of rumors, catcher and 2nd seem to be the  hot topics, along with a possible "ace"... nothing to see here, move along, hahaha

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 6:46 AM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
MEMBER since 3/4/06

Hey Pike, a little too early for me to be thinking about baseball right now. Baumgarder on your radar now maybe although don't see brewer management shelling out that kind of money to get him though.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 6:38 AM
Farnorthbadger
Farnorthbadger
USER since 12/7/13

It was like two months straight of a 7 th game . And they did it rolling the Cards and Cubs to make it that much sweeter. 

Post Your Comment
12/11/18 @ 9:51 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Thinking back to this past season the other day....man, that was special. I really enjoyed it. What a year and what fun it was. Not taking it for granted. Go Brewers!

Post Your Comment
11/30/18 @ 10:31 PM
hunter53089
hunter53089
USER since 6/28/02

Schoop is gone.

Post Your Comment
11/29/18 @ 8:46 PM
bluefin16
bluefin16
USER since 1/9/08

At the time the trade didnt seem bad.  I know i was and am happy to see vilar somewhere else. Schoop didnt pan out this year but his career stats while not great are decent.. maybe worth giving it a shot a little longer? With moose gone that puts shaw back to 3rd. Not many options unless someone in minors is ready. 

Post Your Comment
11/29/18 @ 8:43 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

yeah, never liked the trade, tried to like him, but his almost guaranteed out was hard to swallow,  he did improve marginally,  but just never fit with the team,  imo

Post Your Comment
11/29/18 @ 8:35 PM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

It was still a terrible trade.  Stearns has been so good, which is what made that move such a head scratcher.  He was a more expensive Jonathan Villar, only slower and worse defensively.  So we gave Villar and Ortiz for a worse version of Villar that had a couple hot months.  Oh well.  

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 48,231 Posts