Time to talk BREWERS!!!!

3/30/02 @ 9:29 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Crazyotto
Crazyotto
USER since 10/2/01
Yeah I know baseball is ruined and ther Brewerw are almost as severly hampered by Princess Prieb as they are the lack of revenue sharing, but Im still excited. I am probably crazy but I think the Crew should be .500 this year and if Sheets, Wright, Quevedo, and Nuegebaur pitch up to their potential and we dont swing at everything, I think the crew can win 90 and be in the wild card race late, which is something we havent seen in a long, long time. They must finish over .500 to avoid 10 years straight of losing seasons. I think it is time for a coup to remove Princess Prieb.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 47,973 Posts
TODAY @ 9:24 AM
gordonsetterman
gordonsetterman
MEMBER since 12/15/08

CCA.  There’s the spirit! 

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 7:43 AM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
USER since 2/13/17

"It is tough.  I didn’t expect them to get this far.  But once they did and won game 1, hope started to creep in.  And man is hope a powerful emotion."

For me it was winning game 3 and seeing the stat that 87% of the teams who won G3 won the series. Then the last two weak performances came....

Anything can happen the next 2 here, I believe they win tomorrow night, but they need to unpucker the sphincters and get the bats swinging.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 6:55 AM
CCA
CCA
USER since 6/19/01

The problem isn't the pitching right now, Moose Yelli and Lo Cain are hitting what .130 combined. Can't win if you don't score any runs or have the clutch hits. Go Crew! I too still have a little hope that bats can catch fire again at home.

Post Your Comment
10/17/18 @ 10:04 PM
gordonsetterman
gordonsetterman
MEMBER since 12/15/08

RELAX 

Post Your Comment
10/17/18 @ 9:51 PM
Ulbian
Ulbian
USER since 9/24/03

Going back a page where Goons Den called the pitching moves "gimmicky..."  Other teams are trending in this direction as well. The data points are there showing that the third time through a batting order ERAs increase. Batting averages increase. There is no denying the empirical evidence on this. Milwaukee simply doesn't have a true dominant starting pitcher that they can ride deep into games. KC used a similar strategy a few years ago to make it to two World Series winning one. The Yankees...THE YANKEES have employed this approach and you'll see more teams do it. Milwaukee has been the extreme but they can get away with it because of the way the pen is constructed. For a small market team like Milwaukee it's a fiscally sound approach. They have a total salary figure of around 109 million. Kershaw and Greinke alone make right around the same that Milwaukee has invested in their ENTIRE staff that is on the NLCS roster. It costs money to get the type of ace you desire...money that the Brewers simply cannot afford as a small market team. The type of guy you desire would eat up over 30% of the entire payroll and if he breaks down like Darvish did they are screwed. The Cubs, Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, etc. can absorb that type of hit because those franchises can print money...Milwaukee can't. The construction of this pitching staff is fiscally sound because it allows them to take on higher priced fielders.  

Post Your Comment
10/17/18 @ 9:47 PM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

It is tough.  I didn’t expect them to get this far.  But once they did and won game 1, hope started to creep in.  And man is hope a powerful emotion.  

Post Your Comment
10/17/18 @ 9:31 PM
JigDipper
JigDipper
USER since 12/19/14

Pike, well said. I think fans always expect a little more than reality. Face it, no one expected this and it has been a great year. I just want some exciting games and to be competitive. A world series would be amazing in my mind and I think they can pull it off. 

Edited on 10/17/18 9:31 PM
Post Your Comment
10/17/18 @ 9:30 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Thanks. Appreciate that.

Post Your Comment
10/17/18 @ 9:21 PM
goons den
goons den
USER since 12/30/04

All BS aside, pikey....well said.  

Post Your Comment
10/17/18 @ 9:07 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

I'm just really proud of this team. No matter what happens. Been some great times and they've overachieved by a long shot. But, that's just my opinion.

Everyone has to decide what makes them excited as a fan. Really no right or wrong way to root for a team. Even though we are disappointed tonight, I think it's important to recognize that out of 30 teams, there are 4 teams left and none of them are named the Cardinals, Cubs, or Yankees. Brewers are still standing. The last two games sting. But, they are heading back to Miller Park and the only thing that matters now is Friday. And, if they should lose on Friday or Saturday, they'll join the Astros or Red Sox as one of the two remaining teams that didn't make it. If that happens, the Dodgers were the better team and gotta hand it to them. I like the Brewers chances at home, I think the bats will wake up, but the Dodgers are a tough team to beat.

Edited on 10/17/18 9:09 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 47,973 Posts