Time to talk BREWERS!!!!

3/30/02 @ 9:29 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Crazyotto
Crazyotto
USER since 10/2/01
Yeah I know baseball is ruined and ther Brewerw are almost as severly hampered by Princess Prieb as they are the lack of revenue sharing, but Im still excited. I am probably crazy but I think the Crew should be .500 this year and if Sheets, Wright, Quevedo, and Nuegebaur pitch up to their potential and we dont swing at everything, I think the crew can win 90 and be in the wild card race late, which is something we havent seen in a long, long time. They must finish over .500 to avoid 10 years straight of losing seasons. I think it is time for a coup to remove Princess Prieb.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 48,134 Posts
10/20/18 @ 11:57 PM
FriFishFry
FriFishFry
USER since 6/3/06

Maybe, probably, well actually, I’m just a dumb hick from Oconto county. But I think the Brewers would have kicked the f;;; out of the Red Sox

Post Your Comment
10/20/18 @ 11:27 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Thank you Milwaukee Brewers for an amazing season!

Thoughts: 

This game just didn't feel good to me after it went to 2-1, and then Taylor makes the amazing catch that took the air out of the bag.  Then, we know what happened soon after that....

I agree, something happened to Jeffress before the Cub's game and he was in a funk since then. The fact that he was unavailable to pitch against the Cubs that day was a sign of things to come it appears. If he's right, we win this series. But, on the flip side, other than Nelson missing the whole year, this team was relatively healthy overall. All teams have injuries. Brewers seemed to have less than most as a whole.

Runner on 2nd with no outs no longer means a probable run in baseball. I am shocked at the number of strike outs in this series. Small ball is dead. 

Honestly, I think the Brewers would have struggled mightily against the Red Sox. Am I the only one that was starting to think to themselves in those quiet moments, "How in the world are the Brewers going to beat the Red Sox after we get through the Dodgers today?"

The lack of a stable of true starters would have probably caught up with the Crew and the Red Sox are at home and very well rested with plenty of time to watch all sorts of video on the Crew. That said, the bullpen was brilliant all year and is certainly a genius of a way to build a ball club without spending 200 million dollars on a team. If the Crew has Davies or Anderson pitching better, or Nelson back, Gio pitching a tad better and not getting hurt or even Suter not getting hurt maybe things are different.  But, being on the road against an 108 win team would have been very difficult. I am a Red Sox fan for this next series. I hope they sweep the Dodgers. 

We can question the moves of today, but in reality, the game was probably over when it was 2-1. I would have preferred Woodruff over Cedano/Jeffress in the 6th, but, even so, Brewers might have been stuck on 1 run the rest of the game regardless. Maybe not-since the approach would have been different, but who's to say whoever pitches the 6th for us doesn't give up a run or two that inning as well? All I know is that a 2-1 loss Would have felt awful! Losing 5-1 is bad, but not in as stunning and heartbreaking of fashion. Wisconsin losing to Duke in the NCAA championship a few years ago was a heartbreaking loss. Today, the Brewer loss just stunk. And, by the way, give Puig credit on that hit. It was not a bad pitch in my opinion. 

What a season! The Cubs game, the Rockies SWEEP!!! and Games 1,3, and 6 of this series will forever be great memories for me! I don't need a championship to still enjoy the ride and the season. But, someday, a championship would be very nice!! This team is built well and will continue to be competitive. I hope one of these years in the next 5 everything comes together! Go Crew! Thanks for the amazing season!!!

Post Your Comment
10/20/18 @ 11:18 PM
goons den
goons den
USER since 12/30/04

Absolutely agree that offense failed tonight, but that could be attributed to Counsell going to Hader early.  Message was sent to team that desperation had set in.  Offense knew they had to score and began pressing.  Reverted to their impatient, swing for the fences ways.  Aguilar with the sombrero tonight.  Moustakis was trash at the plate.  Hell, outside of the HR, Yelich didn’t do much.  

One side feeds off the other.  It falls on the leadership tonight.  

Post Your Comment
10/20/18 @ 11:13 PM
big mac
big mac
MEMBER since 2/19/02

Thanks Brewers!!!!

Big Mac 

Post Your Comment
10/20/18 @ 11:12 PM
benuts
benuts
USER since 1/19/02

Great season, really enjoyed it. Not seeing the the cubs in the post season made it made it way more better. Looking forward to the World Series as always.

Post Your Comment
10/20/18 @ 10:57 PM
shadling1
shadling1
USER since 1/17/12
I guess in the end 2-1 would have won it anyway. Cant win many games when you only score 1 run. Oh well. At least I got to see the crew in October again. At 41 my hope of them getting to another World Series in my lifetime is diminishing each year. Told my bro who is 10 years younger than me to bring my ashes to a WS game if they make it after I die. At least I'll be there in spirit! LOL! Still look forward to the crew each spring though. 

Post Your Comment
10/20/18 @ 10:53 PM
Treeshark
Treeshark
USER since 4/5/09

“Would like to know what his logic was to this pitching strategy.“

I agree it was a head scratcher, but they only scored one run all game. It doesn’t matter who pitched for the Brewers after the second inning, they still would have lost. 

Post Your Comment
10/20/18 @ 10:52 PM
Casedog
Casedog
USER since 10/4/11

I am not upset about anything as it was a great experience! The crowd was jacked after Yelich but I agree that bringing Hader in so early did feel like defeat and took some steam out of crowd! I don’t know what to say other than awesome year and awesome atmosphere to start but depressing finish! Until next year and hands down my favorite team to date! Oh yeah and the icing on the cake was being 6 numbers away from $40,000 50/50 raffle!! This brewers fan used my rally rag as a tear rag tonight! Let’s just   Enjoy the next few years fellow diehards because  Brewers baseball is here to stay! Milwaukee  Bucks and Brewers and a growing deer herd= Brighter days ahead! Thanks for a great year CREW 

Post Your Comment
10/20/18 @ 10:50 PM
bluefin16
bluefin16
USER since 1/9/08

I fish is 100% correct.

Cc blew it in this one.

Also gokansas is correct. Only the select ones get to voice opinions, the rest get to bask in the glory of their " thoughts". 

Post Your Comment
10/20/18 @ 10:42 PM
gokansasbadgers
gokansasbadgers
USER since 11/4/10

Sorry ifishwi... but having an opinion or any criticism is forbidden on this site lol

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 48,134 Posts