Time to talk BREWERS!!!!

3/30/02 @ 8:29 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Crazyotto
Crazyotto
USER since 10/2/01
Yeah I know baseball is ruined and ther Brewerw are almost as severly hampered by Princess Prieb as they are the lack of revenue sharing, but Im still excited. I am probably crazy but I think the Crew should be .500 this year and if Sheets, Wright, Quevedo, and Nuegebaur pitch up to their potential and we dont swing at everything, I think the crew can win 90 and be in the wild card race late, which is something we havent seen in a long, long time. They must finish over .500 to avoid 10 years straight of losing seasons. I think it is time for a coup to remove Princess Prieb.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 48,343 Posts
TODAY @ 6:58 PM
haf2fsh
haf2fsh
MEMBER since 6/23/01

Will be interesting to see what happens with all of West Bends advertising at the park. Will American Family force them out  ?  

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 5:14 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
USER since 1/14/02

It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. American Family has  corporate headquarters in Madtown so they have roots here. Everyone will still call it Miller park.

Sure nobody ever heard of fiserv 

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 5:14 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
USER since 1/14/02

It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. American Family has  corporate headquarters in Madtown so they have roots here. Everyone will still call it Miller park.

Sure nobody ever heard of fiserv 

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 3:24 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

went on milwaukeebrewers.com to see if there was any details on the naming rights , ..

... didn't see anything,  BUT, did find this little tidbit 

ET's new announcement music ??

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 3:22 PM
IceManKimi
IceManKimi
USER since 7/20/07

No biggie, I'm sure everybody will still call it Miller. You can't blame AmFam or the Brewers. I believe Tony Soprano said, "We're trying to run a business here." 

Those of you who carry AmFam, watch your premiums spike! Have you seen the palaces they have here in Madison? Now they have to pay for naming rights? 

Hoo boy!

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 3:13 PM
benuts
benuts
USER since 1/19/02

American Family south is going to sound weird too. 

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 3:06 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
MEMBER since 3/4/06

They should call it "WRIGLEY FIELD NORTH"!!!!

Just had to get that in before the real show starts!! LOL!!!

Edited on 1/22/19 3:07 PM
Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 2:03 PM
benuts
benuts
USER since 1/19/02
Ha Bugle!  Took the words right out of my mouth with that one.  We still to this day call it Tower Drive as well

Miller Park & Brewers just had a nice ring to it. American Family / Brewers, that will take some getting use to!

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 1:13 PM
sheephead
sheephead
USER since 2/8/17

Miller is so ingrained in the Milwaukee community. it is a shame the name is gone from the stadium. Oh well. With the millions of $ spent on naming do you really think the advertising gets that much in return money? Don't care just wondering.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 12:30 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

Agree that most people will still call it Miller Park.  It's like the Leo Frigo Bridge in Green Bay. No offense to Leo, but most people still call it Tower Drive Bridge.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 48,343 Posts