Time to talk BREWERS!!!!

3/30/02 @ 9:29 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Crazyotto
Crazyotto
USER since 10/2/01
Yeah I know baseball is ruined and ther Brewerw are almost as severly hampered by Princess Prieb as they are the lack of revenue sharing, but Im still excited. I am probably crazy but I think the Crew should be .500 this year and if Sheets, Wright, Quevedo, and Nuegebaur pitch up to their potential and we dont swing at everything, I think the crew can win 90 and be in the wild card race late, which is something we havent seen in a long, long time. They must finish over .500 to avoid 10 years straight of losing seasons. I think it is time for a coup to remove Princess Prieb.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 46,151 Posts
TODAY @ 4:25 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

zzzzZzzzz

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 2:37 PM
Drahts
Drahts
USER since 9/8/17
It's because Dozier is a rental that he would be affordable.  Look at his numbers last year.  Two years ago.  Three years ago.  He also had a Gold Glove. although he's really been long term an average fielder.  Way above average hitter.  The thought on him is you get a proven veteran at a reasonable cost who if he can return to form in the 2nd half would really ignite this team.  Low risk potential high reward guy.  Being that its only a one year deal is a plus, we have a couple guys who are not far way at that position.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 2:15 PM
murman
murman
USER since 11/4/08

I dont like Dozier.  He is a rental, and is only hitting .230 this year, and also has a low on base percentage.  I really dont see any upgrade or much infield help while getting Dozier 

Edited on 7/19/18 2:22 PM
Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 12:26 PM
Drahts
Drahts
USER since 9/8/17

I have been on the Brian Dozier train for awhile, now reports coming out that talks with the Twins have intensified since losing out on Machado.  Escobar could be another target, he can play short.  Both starting and relief pitching is there to be had too.

The Brewers will be trading prospects for players here shortly, just a matter of how heavy they go.  Pitchers with control like Syndergaard or deGrom are going to be way too costly IMO, but could happen.  There are plenty of rental starters out there we might get cheap, or middle level guys.

If I had to guess we will add a starter, a reliever, and a bat.  Likely a bat that plays middle infield.  Dozier or Escobar top of my list.

I hope we keep our top prospects and go after affordable guys who could help us now.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 11:29 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

... and I do understand your point vegas...  just still think personal responsibility counts

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 11:27 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

No one to blame but himself,  and he owned it, and apologized  ... for me, that's the end of it, unfortunately,  society has become that person that constantly brings up the past as part of any future disagreement... we all know how weak that position is,  and how annoying 

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 11:17 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

I think dude said it best...

I'll add my commentary on Hader....  He should fire his agent.  Agents are there to work for their client's best interests.  Agents are there to maximize the earning dollars for their clients.  This agent failed to do his research on his client and therefore will keep him from earning the maximum that he can.  This has hurt Hader right now and it will hurt him in the future.  Social media posts from a 17 year old kid should be the first thing deleted when they become a professional.  That was an error of judgement not just from Hader, but also from his agent.

Guessing his agent has time for his "big" clients, but those not working on free agent deals aren't getting the attention they should.

And...I do not condone the comments Hader made.  I'm also not passing judgement.  People, not just kids, say dumb things.  Social media has made it ever so easy to see/read those dumb things.  I believe the key for Hader is in his actions moving forward, not his words right now.  And yes, Cain speaking up right away tells me that he's proven to not be that 17 year old kid anymore, but now he's under the microscope and needs to demonstrate real change.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 10:29 AM
TODAY @ 8:14 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

maybe some LL'ers, hahaha... and would work for free! lol

yes to baseball !

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 8:09 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

And in other news, I'm really glad Sterns didn't go for the rental in Machado.  Now is there anyone else out there that could help this team without costing us all of our top prospects?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 46,151 Posts