Time to talk BREWERS!!!!

3/30/02 @ 9:29 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Crazyotto
Crazyotto
USER since 10/2/01
Yeah I know baseball is ruined and ther Brewerw are almost as severly hampered by Princess Prieb as they are the lack of revenue sharing, but Im still excited. I am probably crazy but I think the Crew should be .500 this year and if Sheets, Wright, Quevedo, and Nuegebaur pitch up to their potential and we dont swing at everything, I think the crew can win 90 and be in the wild card race late, which is something we havent seen in a long, long time. They must finish over .500 to avoid 10 years straight of losing seasons. I think it is time for a coup to remove Princess Prieb.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 46,091 Posts
TODAY @ 4:01 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
MEMBER since 3/4/06

Hey WADU. Your comment has made the most sense for along time on this thread. You are right regardless of what all these other "doom sayers" have to say. Yea my Cubs are in first place by a mere 2 1/2 games at the break and we have like 5 games  ahead in the loss column,but it does not matter. Who ever ends up in first place at the end of the season is all that matters. Be it 1/2 game or 10 games ahead. Got to play it out and see what happens.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 3:31 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
USER since 1/14/02

Good post wadu 

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 11:35 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

sometimes, I think about the Seinfeld episode when Kramer asks Elaine to be the one to pull the plug if he goes into a coma...

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 11:31 AM
joeywadu
joeywadu
USER since 5/13/02

Yes I hate to be the pessimistic one in the bunch when it comes to our beloved brewers but I could smell this coming for a couple of weeks now...someone said micro management by the Brewers managers...yes I agree w that....there also seems to be something psychologically wrong with this team....and I'm talking since CC took over...don't get me wrong....I live CC...Wisconsin born and bred...fierce competitor...world series experience...so on and so on....but you gotta get your team over the hump to get them to the next level....and that just has not happened....that is where there is a breakdown psychologically....I don't know if it's fear of failure or inability to handle success but something is there....3 years in a row we are watching the same thing happen time and time again....and it's the same teams that do it to us....it's being on the pinnacle and seeing the trophy....smelling it...tasting it....and then not being able to achieve it...last fall....6-0 lead I believe over the cardinals....the Rockies had lost...we win and we are in the lead for the second wildcard...and we blow it....last year....the series w the pirates...the series w the reds....we should win these series and we blow it..... I love the brewers but I don't see them winning a division title in the near future unless CC can figure out psychologically how to get this club to be able to handle success...even the announcers contribute to the current mindset...by accepting inefficiency and making excuses for this team...it's gotta go....the Cubs had a similar problem since 1908 or whenever was...the team org...the baseball fans all accepted medicrocy...when this went away...they got the title...they have also figured out that it doesn't matter if your in first place or not for most of the season....cause really you got to be in first place one day....and that's the last day of the season...I hope the brewes can right the shop for good but until the mindset is changed psychologically...fans will continually be disappointed as I am today....that was gut wrenching to watch yesterday...especially when you yourself can sense disaster about to happen

Wadu

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 8:32 AM
bolognapony
bolognapony
USER since 9/25/12

RELAX, 10-11 in that 21 game stretch with no days off, key players on the DL during that stretch, pitchers, cain, yelich, shaw, braun.  Relievers need a break, they will be fine a week from now, we will be watchign a team finish off the month strong.  They need to go 35-29 in the second half to reach ninety wins, which is very attainable, and put us right in the mix for a playoff spot.  I see them going 40-24 and losing to the cubs by a game and a half, still make the playoffs though. 

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 8:02 AM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
USER since 2/13/17

"Yeah. You knew 21 games in 20 days was going to be tough coming down the end of that stretch."

Marlins were on a 35-36 stretch and managed to beat the Brewers at the end of it. I don't buy into "they're tired". Baseball players are the least stressed physically than any other sport outside of golf.

Make the pitches, make the plays and hit the ball. These are supposed to be Pros. That double to Bell was an excellent example of the poop these guys are shoveling....Cain runs up on it and it sails over his head, the relay goes through the catcher's legs. Nice.

Picking up Machado now would be a waste of money. Stearns needs to save the season, not worry about a playoffs/WS visit. If they fall back 10 games behind the Cubs, watch how empty those seats at Miller Park are going to be once the Packers start training camp.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 7:56 AM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

I disagree, jj.  A week earlier would have been better! 

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 6:38 AM
jawjerker
jawjerker
USER since 1/14/02

Break couldn't have come at a better time for this team 

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 6:33 AM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

The bandwagon got roomy over the weekend!  There’s a lot of baseball left.  I’ll wait and see what happens after the break.

Post Your Comment
7/15/18 @ 7:04 PM
River Man
River Man
USER since 6/18/01

Well, on a positive note the Cubs are underachieving again given their payroll and failed free agent signings and are very vulnerable! Here's to the second half!!??

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 46,091 Posts