Time to talk BREWERS!!!!

3/30/02 @ 9:29 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Crazyotto
Crazyotto
USER since 10/2/01
Yeah I know baseball is ruined and ther Brewerw are almost as severly hampered by Princess Prieb as they are the lack of revenue sharing, but Im still excited. I am probably crazy but I think the Crew should be .500 this year and if Sheets, Wright, Quevedo, and Nuegebaur pitch up to their potential and we dont swing at everything, I think the crew can win 90 and be in the wild card race late, which is something we havent seen in a long, long time. They must finish over .500 to avoid 10 years straight of losing seasons. I think it is time for a coup to remove Princess Prieb.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 45,697 Posts
TODAY @ 7:19 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

anyone remember Rick Dempsey's rain delay antics might get a kick out of this, not nearly in the same class as Dempsey,  but still fun

www.mlb.com/cut4/brewers-bullpen-catcher-marcus-hanel-used-the-tarp-as-a-slip-n-slide/c-282202894

Sample of Dempsey youtu.be/_HHIpci-Edc

Edited on 6/21/18 7:21 AM
Post Your Comment
6/20/18 @ 9:54 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

make up game July 14th

Post Your Comment
6/20/18 @ 3:16 PM
murman
murman
USER since 11/4/08

Thames back at lead off tonight.  Guess that 0-4 last night he had deserved him to be lead off.  Game will probably get rained out anyway and will be postponed to a month or 2.  

Edited on 6/20/18 3:17 PM
Post Your Comment
6/20/18 @ 10:37 AM
Drahts
Drahts
USER since 9/8/17

Suter leading the team in wins, that one snuck up on me.  I thought it was Chacin.  They should be tied, Chacin pitched an absolute gem last time out.

Really, I think we are fine with our pitching.  Peralta has looked great, and has been lights out at AAA.  I think he is ready for a full time slot.  Burnes is also ready for a look a bit later, in the bullpen if nothing else and our bullpen has been stellar. 

If we're going to trade big stuff I hope it's for a major bat.  But I don't like rentals.

Post Your Comment
6/20/18 @ 9:52 AM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

Cain gets on, Aggy brings him home.  Nice recipe.  Peralta pitched a nice game.  Gotta give him another few starts to see what you got.  

Someone earlier mentioned how crazy this pitching staff has been.  Just to add to that, Suter is leading the team in wins.

Post Your Comment
6/19/18 @ 11:29 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Freddy Peralta was traded to the Crew for Adam Lind a few years back. Another trade that at the time was tough to swallow, but is now paying dividends. 

How this rotation is as good as it is....just beyond comprehension. Nelson out. Davies and Anderson having the years they are having...how is this even happening? Just unbelievable.

And, I agree with an earlier post that without Cain and Yelich, I'm not sure where the club would be. And, of course Aguilar having a great year. By the way, remember Aguilar was claimed off WAIVERS from the Indians in 2017 January. Unreal!  If Braun, Shaw, Thames, Arcia, Santana...even two of those guys start to hit like last year, then look out! 

I think the Crew would be well served to trade a few prospects for a really good starter if that's an option. For all the prospects the Crew got in the last few years, not really a lot of solid hitters have come out of the bunch. So, even though it's hard to see guys leave that are hitting well in AA, and AAA, sometimes those guys never really turn into great MLB hitters. The Crew has stocked up over the years, time to let a few go if the right opportunity presents itself.

Great win tonight! Loved that 9th inning! Great to see Kneable get the Save. 

Post Your Comment
6/19/18 @ 9:34 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

what a tough, tough job by Knebel, big tme save

excellent start for young Peralta !! he looked a little gassed in the 4th, but got out of that and seemed energized by that  ....

Aggy with another awesome day with the bat, guy's been golden

Cain's runs scored due to running hard on infield hits, hard to deny what he brings to the team is special 

Dodged a bullet on the Thames dropped ball ... and thumbs up for Peralta not losing focus, and getting the next out

I think I saw Subero introduce himself to Sogard at 1st base .... ( that was for you dude, heh )

Post Your Comment
6/19/18 @ 7:34 PM
murman
murman
USER since 11/4/08

If Freddy continues to pitch like this, it will be interesting to see what the Brewers do when Davies comes back.  For the way Davies has been pitching I say keep him out of the Starting Rotation.  

Post Your Comment
6/19/18 @ 6:54 PM
Walleye Wizard
Walleye  Wizard
USER since 6/23/01

Another vote for full time at 1st for # 24. Tough!!!!

Post Your Comment
6/19/18 @ 6:38 PM
goons den
goons den
USER since 12/30/04

Boones Farm outta here.  Too bad he's not taking Dude's boy with him. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 45,697 Posts