Time to talk BREWERS!!!!

3/30/02 @ 9:29 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Crazyotto
Crazyotto
USER since 10/2/01
Yeah I know baseball is ruined and ther Brewerw are almost as severly hampered by Princess Prieb as they are the lack of revenue sharing, but Im still excited. I am probably crazy but I think the Crew should be .500 this year and if Sheets, Wright, Quevedo, and Nuegebaur pitch up to their potential and we dont swing at everything, I think the crew can win 90 and be in the wild card race late, which is something we havent seen in a long, long time. They must finish over .500 to avoid 10 years straight of losing seasons. I think it is time for a coup to remove Princess Prieb.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 48,153 Posts
TODAY @ 1:22 PM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
USER since 2/13/17

"I also thinks Schoop is gone after his dissapointing performance. I do still remember the slam he hit off of Baumgartner after the Braun altercation. That was sweet but he did very little with his other opportunities. I beleive we have our 2nd baseman of the future (Hiura) in the farm system. Kid can flat out hit and he appears to be over his arm issue and improving in the field. I would not be surprised if he makes the team in 2019."

Schoop will probably end up in Spring Training, he's young and talented. I don't see them giving up on him yet, but wouldn't b surprised with a non-tender during camp.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 1:06 PM
kona77
kona77
USER since 6/20/13

The biggest problem with our offense in game 7 was the Buehler kid.. You guys do realize the stuff he brings to the table??? He was hitting his spots with a 96-99mph fastball and then throwing a pretty filthy curveball. Sometimes the pitcher on the other side is just on top of his game and is just too tough to hit. Buehler is going to be special pitcher for years to come for the Dodgers.( I beleive we have his match in Burnes and Hadar)..

I do agree that like most MLB teams the Brewers fall into the 'swing for the fences" mentality.. Game 6 was a welcomed change from that approach but a big part of that was due to the LA pitcher keeping balls up in the zone and not having anywhere near the stuff that Buehler had in game 7.. Heck we do not even have anyone on our team that we can count on to lay down a bunt.. But once again that is the new approach in todays game where analytics and "launch angles" are more important than small ball. Personally I do not get it but all the new GM's (like Stearns) are adopting to this style.

I also thinks Schoop is gone after his dissapointing performance. I do still remember the slam he hit off of Baumgartner after the Braun altercation. That was sweet but he did very little with his other opportunities. I beleive we have our 2nd baseman of the future (Hiura) in the farm system. Kid can flat out hit and he appears to be over his arm issue and improving in the field. I would not be surprised if he makes the team in 2019.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 1:01 PM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
USER since 2/13/17

"My biggest concern might be Jesus Aguilar.  Would the real Jesus Aguilar please stand up?  I'm fine with a .270 hitter that will give you 30 HRs."

He's a .265 guy for sure. Question is, how many HRs can you get from him? 25-35? If that's the case, then Milwaukee will be fine with him at first. They may want to think about working on conditioning with him. He's somewhere around 270lbs and needs days off. He's not Prince Fielder would would give you 155 of 162 games.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 12:12 PM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

I believe Schoop has an option for next year, but I don't believe the Brewers have picked it up.  And I don't think they will.  I'd rather see Shaw be the everyday starter there. 

I'm excited about next year.  My biggest concern might be Jesus Aguilar.  Would the real Jesus Aguilar please stand up?  I'm fine with a .270 hitter that will give you 30 HRs.  I'm not sure who wouldn't be.  But it is the least consistent .270 ever.  It seems he is either hitting .500 and HRs galore for a couple weeks followed by months of really bad numbers.  In the end, you are getting great production.  But for some reason it doesn't feel like it.  

My concern would be he has a season in which he never has those couple of really hot streaks.  You'd likely end up with a .240 hitter with 15 - 20 HRs, and you need more than that our of an everyday 1st baseman.

Edited on 10/22/18 12:14 PM
Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 11:16 AM
goons den
goons den
USER since 12/30/04

Schoop is signed through next year.  Super.  The only thing good about that trade was they dumped Villar.  The ONLY good thing.  Schoop sucks.  

They would be well advised to dump Thames and shop or dump Anderson.  Neither made postseason roster, and that can’t sit well with them - especially Anderson.  He said all the right things to media, but what can be expected of him to say? Those are two potential cancers.  Dissension in the clubhouse will sink this team faster than anything.  

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 11:16 AM
goons den
goons den
USER since 12/30/04

Dude wants a second baseman.  Scooter is available.  Interested?  

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 11:12 AM
goons den
goons den
USER since 12/30/04

Bluefin nailed it.  CC sent a message to his team by bringing in Hader early that they were in desperation mode.  Everything the hitters did the night before - patience, taking the pitch the other way, looking for base hits, moving runners - went out the window.  It was swing for the fences as soon as they got in the box.  Reverted to the crap that got them shut out about a dozen times this year.  

Was Hader ever brought in while they were behind in a game? I don’t think so.  Again, doing something so drastically out of the usual sends a message to the team of desperation. 

Manager of the year or not, CC crapped the bed Saturday night.  

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 8:53 AM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

Really? They always knock the Cubs out of the division title and lose in Game 7 of the NLCS?

God, I wish this what they've always done the last 35 years.

Right?  I was thinking the exact same thing.  I would take this season every single year and be happy.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 8:07 AM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
USER since 2/13/17

"The Brewers did, what they have always done for the last 35 years. "

Really? They always knock the Cubs out of the division title and lose in Game 7 of the NLCS?

God, I wish this what they've always done the last 35 years.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 8:03 AM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
USER since 2/13/17

"The Brewers did exceed expectations this year. Some players with career years, some flashes of up and coming talent and some unique use of the roster. If the up and coming can improve and take that next step, those with solid years repeat and adding two quality starters the Brewers should be competitive again. If nothing else the success this year will force the other division rivals to need to improve, seemingly the Cubs will be the most desperate and continue to throw big $$ at hopefuls"

You know something? I went back at looked at the stats for everybody from this year, because I also saw sCrubs fans saying the same thing about "career years" on Twitter and how this season was a fluke. But was it? Will Yellich ever hit 326/32 hrs again? Odds are maybe not. The rest of the Brewers? LC hit .308, completely within the realm of possibility, Jesus, 274 and completely possible next year (2017 he hit 265).

Hader pitched 81 innings, 2.43 era, 6-1, with 143 SOs and 9 hrs (highest total for closers on the Brewers). Career Year? Maybe, but doubtful, he's only 24.Jeffers pitched 76 innings, was 8-1 with a 1.29 era, 90 so's....probably a career year, he's 30.

Career Years are supposed to be seasons that were a player's best ever and ones that will never be matched again...Nobody on this team outside of maybe #22 and probably JJ had their career years.

Things are looking good for this team, a solid core, great leadership, a group that loves to play with each other day in/day/out.

Edited on 10/22/18 8:04 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 48,153 Posts