MORE
General Discussion

The up north thread

8/26/16 @ 12:47 AM
INITIAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Tidbits and News related to northern Wisconsin. 
Displaying 21 to 30 of 5,316 posts
3/25/24 @ 7:49 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Plans foiled again. I was to be up north all week. Thought I would get the boat in the water perch fishing then cut firewood. 

Maybe next week if the weather looks cooperative
3/24/24 @ 6:22 PM
WWYH
User since 5/24/16
Don’t know if anyone reported, or not, but the Irish bar on Tower Rd. burnt down close to Manitowish Waters. Complete lose. Drove by yesterday. Sad to see. Still smoke coming from fire when I drove by. Was shocked to see it. 
3/23/24 @ 10:23 PM
ThreeFiftySeven
ThreeFiftySeven
User since 3/14/03
Yeah, I bet with that lack of snow all winter, levels aren't great. Bring it on. We're staying back until sometime after Easter now anyway. Health issues kept me away all of the cold season, so I was all in. Oh well, hope the dang mosquitoes aren't like last spring! That was somethin' else. ​
3/23/24 @ 8:43 PM
clueless
User since 10/24/04
An early start has happened all winter for me. I have already brought in 6 loads of fire wood.. A normal year I don’t get going on this til mid April. We really need the precipitation,no matter what form it falls in. The lakes are at very low water levels at this time. 
3/23/24 @ 9:33 AM
ThreeFiftySeven
ThreeFiftySeven
User since 3/14/03
I'm lookin at the plus sides...plenty of wood to burn, good opportunity to see what game trails are being used, a little extra work to burn off winter weight, maybe panfishing? Lol, who knows, turkey scouting for sure, target practice, etc. Honestly, this SUCKS. Any thoughts of an early start on real work just went pfft. ​
3/23/24 @ 6:24 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
You guys up north are looking at 9 inches of snow followed by 2 inches of rain. Looking like a mess sunday to wednsday. 

Stock up on a weeks worth of meat, whiskey and gasoline
3/21/24 @ 9:50 PM
Steelhead88
User since 4/13/22
Nice pics & cool to see I’m sure . Have seen a few wanderers the last few years & they are very impressive to see . Was able to go on a hunt in B.C. a few years back in September & bulls were in the velvet yet . I shot this Canadian bull & never will forget the site & size of it at about 75 yards . Some marbling & antlers are removable .  Memorable ​hunt   

The up north thread photo by Steelhead88
3/21/24 @ 9:06 PM
setterjack
setterjack
PRO MEMBER User since 1/18/07
About 5 yrs ago on opening day gun I was hunting Tipler/ Long Lake area. I had a cow moose in the scope for 15 minutes or so. ​1st wild moose I've seen! Really cool! 
This year in the same general area I came across fresh tracks...nice to see
3/21/24 @ 8:57 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
Thats because he ate the hare.
3/21/24 @ 7:38 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
At least the Bobcat smiled for the picture   
Displaying 21 to 30 of 5,316 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE