Super Bowl

1/31/16 @ 11:26 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Mr. Killroy
Mr. Killroy
USER since 5/3/07
Yep, we know the Packers are out of it again this year Let's celebrate the 2nd biggest food consumption day of the year! What are you eating and who are you picking to win?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 20 to 29 of 234 Posts
2/6/17 @ 1:54 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09

First the Warriors blow a 3-1 series lead in the NBA Finals.  Then the Indians blow a 3-1 series lead in the World Series.  Now the Falcons give up 31 unanswered in the Super Bowl. 

Of course I stole that from facebook but it made me laugh.  Seems like a bad omen to me. 

Edited on 2/6/17 1:54 PM
Post Your Comment
2/6/17 @ 1:48 PM
split shot
split shot
USER since 6/19/01

I suppose Split Shot may be a bit disappointed that Atlanta didn't burn...

What is that supposed to mean, coach? I didn't have a dog in this fight. I was simply marveling at greater choke than the Cleveland Indians managed.

Post Your Comment
2/6/17 @ 1:26 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

HAHAha.. I did the same thing, when my Wife told me the Patriots won.. All I could say was WTF...

Post Your Comment
2/6/17 @ 1:13 PM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

I had a long weekend and went to bed early.  I shut the game off at the beginning of the 4th quarter.  Whoops!  I thought I could live another million years and never see a choke job as bad as the Packers v. Seahawks in the NFC Championship game a couple years ago.  Just a few short years later, Atlanta proves me wrong.  3rd and 1, up by 16 with 8 minutes left and you drop back to attempt a long pass?  Then the next possession you are in position for a 39 yard field goal attempt and it is first down.  Who doesn't run it a couple times and trot out the FG kicker?  That's not being over conservative there, it's just being smart.  To do anything else there and you should have your head examined.  I've simply never seen so many stupid decisions strung together.  Unreal.  

Post Your Comment
2/6/17 @ 12:44 PM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08

"Wow, what a game!" (he declared, in what turned out to be a finalist for the Understatement of the Year)!

You're certainly not alone,. Mr. Seguar, I, too, thought "it's just not their night" when Gostkowski clunked the extra point off the right goal post, leaving it at 28-9.  My Atlanta 'burbs resident nephew-in-law was at the game, and we were exchanging congratulatory texts as late as mid-fourth quarter.  Even Patriots DE Chris Long admitted to having doubts as he spoke with reporters after the game.

So far, this morning, I've heard expressions of concern about Patriots cheating in the second half from a few separate sources (not that I'm putting any stock in any of 'em.) If Edelman's circus catch, or Hightower's strip-sack, or Atlanta committing multiple 3rd-down defensive holding penalties are now deemed "cheating", then, so be it.

Kinda feeling good about my pre-game 31-28 Patriots winning score prediction, hope I don't injure my shoulder from patting myself on the back, lol.

While I've never been a Gaga fan, I thought her halftime performance was quite entertaining, she did a heckuva job, IMO.

The commercials were, well, commercials.  BFD, in general.

And plenty of dumb L-L posts to boot. I suppose Split Shot may be a bit disappointed that Atlanta didn't burn, better luck next year, as the saying goes. JJB still as ornery as ever. "Game over time to turn it to Black sails." @ 8:00. Hey, Louie, still think it's time for Brady to retire? Publicland, how's your six-pack core holding up this morning? 

Post Your Comment
2/6/17 @ 10:56 AM
Mr.Seaguar
Mr.Seaguar
USER since 2/5/05
At 28-3 I thought it was over 

Post Your Comment
2/6/17 @ 9:38 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

To his surprise – and the equipment managers and security team around him – the jersey was gone. Brady said he “absolutely, 100-percent put it in my bag” in his locker, but it went missing.

He spent the next 15 minutes frantically trying to find the jersey to no avail. Nobody had any answers, with Brady joking that it would be put on eBay.

“If anyone sees on eBay, a jersey for sale …” Brady joked.

When Patriots team owner approached him, Brady said, “Someone stole my game jersey.”

“You better look online,” Kraft replied.

Post Your Comment
2/6/17 @ 9:22 AM
bluefin16
bluefin16
USER since 1/9/08

Is the nfl mvp award becoming another Madden NFL cover curse?

Post Your Comment
2/6/17 @ 8:49 AM
brews4995
brews4995
USER since 4/2/10
Ryan was the 8th straight player to be named NFL MVP that played in a superbowl and has lost.

Post Your Comment
2/6/17 @ 7:08 AM
bluefin16
bluefin16
USER since 1/9/08

Better than losing $190?!

Was one heck of a game the Edelman catch was sick!

I agree though Whites knee looked down to us also.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 20 to 29 of 234 Posts