SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Stock Market

8/21/15 @ 1:44 PM
INITIAL POST
jlkohl
User since 6/9/02
Well...it "appears" as though the long over-due correction is happening. Hope that the new bottom is found real soon.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,481 posts
4/15/24 @ 4:53 PM
BeerTownFyreman
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
Nope. I gave a 1 minute thought of shorting shortly after the open as DJT from DWAC, but just stayed away. 

Looking forward to earnings. Too much focus on the fed IMO. Put me in the camp of 1 rate cut, if that, this year.  ​All the talking heads got a little over their skii's with the predictions.
4/15/24 @ 2:58 PM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
Just curios if anyone has been playing this stock (long or short) over the past year
4/9/24 @ 7:58 AM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
Good news for $TSM, stock is still reasonably priced and could be a good profit maker in the future

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tsmc-gets-66-billion-in-chipmaking-cash-from-biden-while-pledging-to-build-a-third-arizona-plant-090026550.html

4/1/24 @ 7:08 AM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13
On March 16, 2024 a 4,000 acre solar farm near Houston TX was demolished by a hail storm. 4,000 acres of damaged panels and the local tv stations are trying to get answers about ground water pollution from the chemicals in the panels. How many of millions of dollars of damage? How long before the panels can be reproduced and reinstalled? Powerf plants shut down now where does the power come from? Who pays for repairs Insurence or rate payers? 
4/1/24 @ 5:17 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

Wisconsin Energy and Alliant

Normally I avoid utilites for long term investments but I did some reading last week. Nothing exciting here. No news headlines that will inspire FOMO like Nividia has.  On the other hand it can be argued that the price downside is limited for these boring and stable companies.

So a couple of noteworthy summary points to consider:

Utility stock prices have recently underperformed. And their relative valuation metrics are near historic lows

Wisconsin and Iowa are 2 states with regulatory environment that are most friendly toward utility investment and return on utility investment

Wisconsin and Iowa are attracting considerable investment for power consuming data centers giving both stocks long term opportunities for growth and investment return

3/28/24 @ 9:15 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
History has shown that dips quite often happen at the end of the third quarter = October/November.   Presidential election years are generally good stock market years.  Ride the wave while it lasts.

Buy low, sell high.
3/28/24 @ 8:08 AM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
A lot of speculation coming that we will see some bigger dips / corrections around October / November
3/28/24 @ 8:04 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Some charts look parabolic, a correction is needed
3/28/24 @ 8:04 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
The inflation adjustment is also reaching an all time high as well, not good to see.. and frankly a dose of reality on the artificial highs of the market. Things are not always what they appear.
3/28/24 @ 7:57 AM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
I saw the S@P closed at a high again yesterday, good to see.
3/28/24 @ 7:55 AM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
Well I hope its not to quiet on the markets today but In observance of Good Friday the Friday before Easter, U.S. stock and bond markets will be closed on March 29, 2024
3/23/24 @ 10:44 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Thanks top.  Are they all politicians?  Here I thought they were supposed to be working for us?!
3/23/24 @ 6:19 AM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
Found this list of "people" trading that beat the market again in 2023 with some made unusually timed trades resulting in huge gains.  Here is a look at some current portfolios
Stock Market photo by topam
3/20/24 @ 8:00 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
NVDA is expected to increase in market value by 7X current value over next 9 years.

I don't doubt that one bit. In fact I believe it will happen sooner... We used Nvidia on our perception systems. The large steps that are occurring on robotic platforms, stationary and mobile, are in the realms of vision, perception, sensor fusion, and AI. That will continue and at this point in time Nvidia has little to no substantial competition. I now sit on the board of three viable robotic start-ups, all which just started a relationship/partnership with Nvidia and their newly released "NVIDIA Isaac Perceptor" (3D Surround Vision technology), and "Nova Orin Developer Kit", and many, many more are lining up. This is just the beginning.. Luckily I have been in NVDA for a long time.. 
3/20/24 @ 7:29 AM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
Pretty interesting news regarding Chipotle, if it goes through might be affordable for ​some investors to jump in:

Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) today announced that its Board of Directors approved a 50-for-one split of its common stock. This would be one of the biggest stock splits in New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) history. The stock split is subject to shareholder approval of an amendment to the Company's Certificate of Incorporation to increase the number of authorized shares of common stock to accommodate the stock split. The company intends to seek shareholder approval for this amendment at its upcoming annual meeting on June 6, 2024.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,481 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE