Snow Blowers Ariens or Simplicity

9/27/14 @ 9:40 AM
ORIGINAL POST
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
Thinking ahead here. Looking at blowers in the $1000 range. Ariens is made in Brillion and simplicity is made in Milwaukee area, owned by Briggs and Stratton. I like both but the simplicity has these electric chute rotation which I dont care for since its one more thing to break and replace Looking for something that will last 25 years without constant repairs. Any thoughts or experience with these machines.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
9/29/14 @ 11:34 AM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
Thanks everyone for the comments. Now Ive got some time to think about it and look for deals before it snows.

Post Your Comment
9/27/14 @ 7:55 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11
I have had an Ariens for around 10 years now. It's been in the shop once for a check-up and I had to have a couple of bearings/seals replaced. I have sheared exactly 1 pin off during this time. My model is a 524. It has run perfectly the entire time I have owned it.

Tim

Post Your Comment
9/27/14 @ 6:01 PM
Short Fat Bald Sexy Guy
Short Fat Bald Sexy Guy
USER since 6/27/08
I bought an Ariens last year right at $1000. When I decided to buy a new blower the first thing I thought of was the engine. I wanted an engine built in the United States. I did a ton of internet research before I made the purchase. One thing I found out is that there are no longer any snowblower engines built in the United States. Briggs built their blower engines in Alabamba until 3 years ago when they moved them to China. Ariens calls their blower engine "Ariens AX". I found out it comes from a company headquartered in South Carolina called LCT (Liquid Combustion Technologies). Although LCT is in South Carolina, they have the engines built in China. Toro probably has the best engine with the Honda, but their blowers have plastic parts. So I ended going with the Ariens anyway, but time will tell how long the engine holds up.

Post Your Comment
9/27/14 @ 2:05 PM
swamp people
swamp people
USER since 5/14/12
If you're going to spend that kind of cash you might want to stop at a John Deere dealership bought one 3 years ago high quality and zero problems don't by one at the big stores there not true john Deere made for by mtd

Post Your Comment
9/27/14 @ 11:36 AM
fltlndr
fltlndr
USER since 12/25/02
I have a 928 blower. I believe it's 28 ins. wide with a 9 hp motor. Last year everytime I went up north there was at least 12+ ins of snow in the driveway. It would go right through it with no problem. The only issues I had with it was the seal on the shaft that goes into the gear box.I should have taken it in under warenty but I didn't want to bring it back home. The other was the starter. That was the techemceh (sp) motor which they don't make any more. I bought a ariens rideiny mower and was disappointed that the snowblower wasn' made by ariens

Post Your Comment
9/27/14 @ 10:42 AM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
USER since 5/29/06
I don't think either is a poor choice. I have an Ariens 624 and for a smaller blower it is a beast. Also have a couple older Simplicity lawn tractors and the engineering on them is amazing. They truly are simple, from working on them to changing out attachments. Wouldn't own anything different in a lawn tractor. And not to start this whole debate again, but I wouldn't buy either from a big box store.

Post Your Comment