SMELTFEST 2015

3/5/15 @ 5:10 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Smeltinator
Smeltinator
USER since 1/28/10
The time is near and the smelt will be runnin, so grab up your gear its time for some funnin. A party it will be, a party like no other, bring all you want and slap your grandmother. However.. the place to be is still an issue, and if your granny wines give her a tissue. No but really... any ideas give me a shout, and I'll do my best to put that party out.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
3/6/15 @ 7:07 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Thanks Vagabond. I think we had Yukon Jack, but Tequila sounds like a better remedy.

Post Your Comment
3/6/15 @ 6:26 AM
vagabond_angler
vagabond_angler
USER since 1/19/05
You bite the head off the first fish every year. Then chase the fish flavor with some tequila!

Post Your Comment
3/6/15 @ 5:36 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Smeltinator, I have a question for you. Is it a tradition to bite the head off a smelt on your first catch of the year, or your first catch ever? The reason I ask is when I was around 15/16, my buddy who does it every year told me this. So we were partying, and I took his word for it and did it. Did I just fall for a joke back then, or is it actually some kind of tradition? Just curious. Because if it was a joke, my buddy will get pay back 36 years later!!!!! Smile

Post Your Comment