Prayers to you Marty.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 19 Posts
6/29/16 @ 2:13 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Thanks Ed....

They are... The money was never an issue.. Just unexpected..

Post Your Comment
6/29/16 @ 11:47 AM
Ed Franko
Big Ed's Guide Service
USER since 5/6/15

Pets are special ! So here goes some special thoughts!

Big Ed’s Guide Service
(573) 692-6710
Post Your Comment
6/29/16 @ 11:05 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Daisy is doing great..

They had to knock her out for the procedure so She was pretty out of it last night and is still a bit groggy today. I have work to do so She is just sitting quiet today with me in the Camper. I was a bit off on the estimate.. All said and done $2,800 for the dental work. Hopefully the Splint works, or I will have to have the Splint and teeth removed. Fingers crossed.. Doggie Dentist feels very confident all should be fine. Soft food for her the next couple weeks..

Edited on 6/29/16 11:08 AM
Post Your Comment
6/28/16 @ 12:45 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Traveling and in Wisconsin for a couple weeks camping. One of the Dogs gets really excited  when we go camping... She tried to jump up into her box in the 1 ton pickup, it is much higher than the Yukon she usually rides in. She missed slipped and smacked her jaw on the metal truck step. I thought I was going to look in her mouth and see a bunch of broken teeth but only two lower front teeth were loose. Went to emergency Sunday and had an appointment for this morning for a canine dentist to take a look... He said easy fix, after x-rays would be to pull them.. Told him I would like to save them if we could. They did the x-rays and exam and he gave me the choice of pulling them 100% or temporarily splinting them with better than 80% they reseat ..

My choice was to splint them.. Going to pick her up in a bit, they had to knock her out for the x-rays, exam, and splint.. 

I think I am into it for about $2300 or better so far, ouch and I thought human dentistry was expensive ... 

At least it sounds like She should be fine.. Camping is getting expensive ..

Edited on 6/28/16 12:48 PM
Post Your Comment
3/4/16 @ 7:10 PM
lota lota
lota lota
MEMBER since 7/12/01
Sorry to hear that BigBlue. Give him lots of love and see what the vet says. Hopefully there will be a turn around.

Post Your Comment
3/1/16 @ 9:06 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
John,

Check out this website, near the bottom are links of organizations that might be able to help with the vet bills for the ongoing care of your Pup.

http://www.paws.org/cats-and-dogs/other-services/help-with-veterinary-bills/

Post Your Comment
3/1/16 @ 8:56 AM
Musky99
Musky99
USER since 8/8/11
check out Candadrugs online.com (I think the website might have changed, but search because i just heard ana ad onm the radio the other day.)

When our dog was sick we got his meds from Canada at about 60% off from walmart.

Post Your Comment
3/1/16 @ 8:37 AM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08
I'm very sorry to hear about this, John, that's a really tough situation to have to face.

Glad to hear Marty is responding well to treatment, hope it all works out for Marty and your family.

Post Your Comment
2/29/16 @ 8:08 PM
lazy1
lazy1
USER since 4/15/10
you have my prayers , just lost a collie , my best friend and the hurt will last a life time , but friends forever .

Post Your Comment
2/29/16 @ 7:12 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
USER since 3/26/15
One thing to remember if you decide to do the insulin route your life belongs to your dog. You can't miss an injection. I tried it with a cat several years ago but he did not respond and eventually had to put him down after he went into a coma.

Best of luck I know how hard it is dealing with a sick pet.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 19 Posts