Room in our cabin, Canada May 28th 2016

1/11/16 @ 3:21 AM
ORIGINAL POST
roscoe33
roscoe33
USER since 4/8/06
Long story short, 3 of our group can't make the trip to Canada this year. Looks like it will be just me (54), and my mother. Mom really wants to go, so I said I would take her no matter what. So, we have room for 2, maybe 3, to share the cabin. Heading up to lac des mille lodge in Upsala Ontario. Leaving Eau Claire area on Friday May 27th. http://www.lacdesmille.com/location.html We've been there 2 years, and its pretty nice. NOT a fancy expensive lodge, but a nice fish camp. Located on the northwest corner of the lake. https://www.google.com/maps/@48.8947009,-90.5236707,12z We don't smoke, or drink much, but don't mind if others do, as long as they keep it within reason. We don't make a big deal out of meals, and generally don't fish too hard or get up at the crack of dawn.. I can over do it on coffee on occasion. The lake can be great to fish, but I would not rank it up there with the 100 fish/ day lakes I read about. 60,000 acres to explore. Cabins are nicely updated with well stocked kitchens. Boat slips with power, are available for $84 a week. Only 8 miles off the highway. 290 miles from Duluth, 450 from the twin cities, 600 from Appleton. The trip usually costs $650-700 per person, including food, gas, cabin, minnows, boat slip, license. Should be about $600 with the current exchange rate. I need to mail the deposit check by the 22nd of January, so I need to know if we still need the cabin for 5, or if they should switch us to a cabin for 2. You could take your vehicle, pull your boat, or rent one at the resort. Post questions here, or PM me. If you are interested, let me know.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 25 Posts
3/11/18 @ 10:35 AM
jeff68
jeff68
USER since 3/15/11

Throw Mamma from the train? Just sayin.

Post Your Comment
3/11/18 @ 10:02 AM
Short Fat Bald Sexy Guy
Short Fat Bald Sexy Guy
USER since 6/27/08
Blackbelt, it looks like you are living in 2016.  Put some money in the stock market.  You'll have a nice return by 2018.  Also, the Presidential Election in November will have a surprise winner.  Don't believe the polls.  The Patriots will win another Super Bowl  and lose one in the next 2 years and the Cubs will actually win a World Series believe it or not.

Edited on 3/11/18 1:23 PM
Post Your Comment
3/11/18 @ 9:18 AM
Mr.Seaguar
Mr.Seaguar
MEMBER since 2/5/05

Everything about this thread is weird. And it keeps getting weirder

Post Your Comment
3/10/18 @ 12:23 PM
Blackbelt
Blackbelt
USER since 8/16/14

Why do you NEED someone to go with you? Just tell them you want a cabin for 2. I’ve NEVER had a problem at LDMLodge when someone drops out...

Post Your Comment
1/18/16 @ 9:23 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07
I'm with you Vegas! I'm all for meeting new linkers, but not sure I'd commit to a week in Canada without meeting them first.

Over the years I've met some great folks off of LL. Fowler2, Gill 1774, cds, the big job, Cousincarmondy, one-eye, the list goes on...

That said, before we went up north fishing or duck hunting we met somewhere local to go trap shooting, duck hunting, or something similar - piece of mind on both ends to ensure the other wasn't a physcho...

Glad it worked out for everyone.

Post Your Comment
1/18/16 @ 1:43 PM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03
Yah, I thought it was odd, but I get it.

I'm looking to get my wife up into Canada and strongly considered it.

From my little viewpoint, it seems like fishermen like to bicker with other fishermen on here. About the strangest things.

But, everyone I've met in person off of here has been a good person. I think you can get along for a week in Canada with a fellow fisherman, provided you meet a time or two before to iron out details.

I'm happy it worked out for the poster. Hopefully it becomes a win-win for everyone.

Post Your Comment
1/17/16 @ 8:04 PM
Big-Fish-R
Big-Fish-R
USER since 4/9/08
Just had a discussion with a friend on growing up here in 70's and 80's. We'd run run around neighborhood all day long. Played catch one catch all in neighborhood until after dark. Hang out at local park after dark. Everyone did stuff like that. Today you would probably get arrested.

I'm not saying healthy skepticism isn't good. However there is so much isolation with people, neighbors, etc. Not everyone is an ax murderer. I don't know if I would personally go on a Canada trip with someone I don't know.... But, i'm sure there are a lot of people who wouldn't mind finding new fishing buddies. I think it is personally less threatening to go fishing with someone I don't know than dating someone I never met before off the net.

Post Your Comment
1/17/16 @ 10:50 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
how about Blind Faith... love their album!

Post Your Comment
1/17/16 @ 10:39 AM
luvh20
luvh20
USER since 1/19/14
Blind trust was probably a poor choice of words, but I think you know what I mean.

Post Your Comment
1/17/16 @ 10:35 AM
luvh20
luvh20
USER since 1/19/14
Dave, craw, nihsif...

I commend you also for your blind trust in mankind. Like Bugle Trout, I guess I just don't possess that faith anymore either.

The internet has obviously opened up communication in a whole new way for the entire world. In good and bad ways.

I can't help it, but I always come back to the Facebook phenomena that has people believing that people they haven't seen in years (or ever in some cases) are somehow their "friend" because they connect via the web.

I think that has a lot to do with why people have let their guard down.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 25 Posts