R.I.P. ................

2/27/15 @ 3:02 PM
ORIGINAL POST
antler junkie
antler junkie
USER since 8/17/05
I know this was covered in the breaking news thread but with all the other stuff being discussed on that thread it is easy to miss things like this. Thought it might be a good idea to have a separate thread for the passing of famous people. Star trek legend Leonard Nimoy has passed away at the age of 83 from complications due to C.O.P.D.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 501 Posts
9/20/17 @ 11:06 AM
Pool8
Pool8
USER since 1/27/17

Jake lamotta the raging bull  95

Post Your Comment
9/19/17 @ 1:55 PM
beanbag
beanbag
USER since 12/17/09

youtube Bobby Heenan signing at ecw....I cant even imagine what the poor guy went through. 

Post Your Comment
9/19/17 @ 1:14 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
MEMBER since 3/4/06

Yea Heenan was okay. I go back as far as when Bob Luce handled championship wrestling produced and broadcasted from Chicago and the amphitheater. I remember once when Heenan had a match against "Terrible Teddy" the wrestling bear. Man did everyone get a laugh out of that.

Post Your Comment
9/19/17 @ 12:34 PM
Mr.Seaguar
Mr.Seaguar
USER since 2/5/05
Heenan was great, wasn't he?

Post Your Comment
9/18/17 @ 11:40 PM
goons den
goons den
USER since 12/30/04

Buddy and I went to wrestling match in Green Bay back in the day while we were at UW-Oshkosh.  After the matches, went to the bar inthe hotel the wrestlers stayed at.  All the "faces" would pass by and have nothing to do with the public.  The "heels" sat at the bar and shot the sh@t with everyone.  Bobby was one who sat in the bar.  Nice guy.  Pretty funny.  

Post Your Comment
9/18/17 @ 10:00 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

Andre the Giant,  wow... died so young, and big role in one of my favorite movies,  The Princess Bride

Cool story !

Post Your Comment
9/18/17 @ 9:47 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01

Bobby the brain came to Lake Emily one fine summer day.  A bunch of us were hanging around the park.  King Harley Race was there with his family.  His son was our age and was hanging out playing in the field.  A limo pulls up.  We ask King Races son who it is.  He just says it is a couple of his dad's friends.  Well, it was Bobby the Brain along with Andre the Giant.  That is my Bobby memory.  He was very nice in person.

Post Your Comment
9/18/17 @ 5:39 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12

Looks like he died young, only 72.  As youngsters my bro and I would watch all star wrestling out of GreenBay every saturday night at 1030.  Heenan was the guy we loved to hate. Now, my brother and I figured we were pretty smart since we knew this wrestling stuff was fake. We never did figure out that we were supposed to hate Heenan by marketing design

Edited on 9/18/17 5:41 PM
Post Your Comment
9/18/17 @ 3:55 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
USER since 3/26/15

I had no idea the brain was going through all that. RIP

Post Your Comment
9/17/17 @ 9:53 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01