R.I.P. ................

2/27/15 @ 3:02 PM
ORIGINAL POST
antler junkie
antler junkie
USER since 8/17/05
I know this was covered in the breaking news thread but with all the other stuff being discussed on that thread it is easy to miss things like this. Thought it might be a good idea to have a separate thread for the passing of famous people. Star trek legend Leonard Nimoy has passed away at the age of 83 from complications due to C.O.P.D.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 947 Posts
9/19/18 @ 12:09 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
USER since 12/9/08
Sad news.  He was ahead of his time back in the day (70's, early 80's).  He figured alot of things out using crappy electronics (available at the time) and trial and error.

RIP Tony.

Post Your Comment
9/19/18 @ 10:37 AM
samfox
samfox
USER since 3/17/09

Sorry to hear about Tony... he was a true legend, a late fall master. I will miss our talks, Godspeed my friend 

Post Your Comment
9/19/18 @ 10:04 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

sad to hear about Rizzo... good man, great fisher and educator

Post Your Comment
9/19/18 @ 8:45 AM
Budman
Budman
USER since 8/17/01

The Musky world lost a legend yesterday...Tony Rizzo passed away. R.I.P.

Post Your Comment
9/19/18 @ 6:29 AM
phishin phool
phishin phool
USER since 4/5/08

waiting...

Post Your Comment
9/18/18 @ 7:35 PM
ifishwi
ifishwi
USER since 1/12/05

Phool and the rest of you guys,

We could start an emotional thread regarding why we all need to pay the utmost respect to our flag. To me it should be unconditional. See if anyone might argue it. Wait.

Post Your Comment
9/18/18 @ 2:44 PM
phishin phool
phishin phool
USER since 4/5/08

Ya'll are not playing fair. September is the most difficult month for me to get through, over and past. 

My sympathy goes out to all have lost, friends, loved ones, relatives...during war times. No, I need to modify that...during any acts of violence. It is never gonna be easy for us. To try to imagine...well, that is better then to know...or, remember. 

With that I should have quit about 7 words ago. Too easy to get emotional about this subject. Sorry...

Post Your Comment
9/18/18 @ 11:34 AM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12

Thanks for the story Conk
Thanks to your Grandfather and his family.

Post Your Comment
9/18/18 @ 11:02 AM
Cronk
Cronk
USER since 4/18/12

Tip of the hat and condolences to all who lost loved ones serving our their nation. My grandfather was killed on Iwo Jima. He was with the 5th marines 128th. Landed with the first wave and was with the same unit that raised the flag on Suribachi. He survived 28 days on that island before losing his life while running stretcher bearing detail. Ive always been a history wonk with a special interest in world/US conflict. Growing up i read everything i could on the subject. My mom noticed this and passed along nearly everything my grandfather collected through his USMC carreer. This included the letter sent to my grandmother from the marine that was with my grandfather when he was killed. Ive read it a thousand times and its what made me so grateful for all the men and women who have served and sacrificed so much upon the alter of freedom. Thank you to all who have, are and will serve.

Cronk

PS My granfathers name was Francis Cronkhite. Thas why i use the screen name Cronk. it was his nickname.

Post Your Comment
9/18/18 @ 9:22 AM
Annes Regret
Annes Regret
MEMBER since 7/7/11

One shot one kill,

My father served in the Army Air Corps in the Philippines during WW II, He was a radio man. You're right, he never talked about it but for one story and it was a very short story. He was my hero. It's men like him we should be talking about here. JMHO.

FWIW he was a Lumber Jack in his youth. He went in weighing 190 and came out weighing 140 humping those hills.

Edited on 9/18/18 9:50 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 947 Posts