Red Lion utility pump, not able to prime

6/6/15 @ 12:56 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Musclehead
Musclehead
USER since 7/10/01
I have a set up next to the lake and the motor will hum for a few seconds and then click. It would do this every few minutes. When I'd check the water inside that I poured earlier, it would be gone. I disconnected the end of the flow line, so I know it's not sensing pressure there. The end is the lake is screened, not clogged or obstructed. I thought it may be the inline check valve at the pump, so I replaced that. The only thing left in the troubleshooting mentions, leaks in suction line or suction lift too great. It's PVC with a L shaped, 3 feet lenghts and then goes up about 10 inches to pump in another L. This system/setup worked last year. The only thing I can think of is maybe I primed pump without the L setup completed and then added that but had to reprime for the year. And now with this setup to prime it is too much? If so how can I resolve this? I can't call the redlion hotline until Monday, getting very frustrated.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 Posts
6/7/15 @ 9:49 AM
fltlndr
fltlndr
USER since 12/25/02
If you left the pvc in the lake all winter it may have cracked. May be a crack in the volute of the pump if you left it out all winter.

Edited on 6/7/15 9:51 AM
Post Your Comment