Random Thoughts

3/23/17 @ 8:08 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

I miss the old thread...

My random thought for the day?

While driving to Oconomowoc this evening I noticed a dead deer on the side of the road with a big ole' orange X painted on it's side. 

What in the world is that for?  Are they trying to keep track of what deer has been reported dead (for disposal purposes?)  If so, wouldn't it just be easier for the guy to throw the dead deer in the back of the county vehicle rather than painting it's side with an orange X?

Edited on 3/23/17 8:10 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 11 to 20 of 1,490 Posts
10/22/18 @ 4:46 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Dying Industry.... taxi cabs..

Landed in Portland, plugged in a Lyft request. While I waited eight minutes I watch ~40 or so people load into a Lyft or Uber cars. Across the way I saw One Cab loaded and depart, 20 or so just sitting with the cabbies standing around chatting. Last Thursday I scheduled a cab ride at 4:15am because I was unsure I could get an Uber at that time in Peoria. 4:25am no cab, call.. “he will be there in 15 minutes”.... checked Uber, car 4 minutes away.. told the cab to disregard and got the Uber for probably half the cost.

Can’t think Cabs will survive in any moderately populated area in the future..

Edited on 10/22/18 4:48 PM
Post Your Comment
10/20/18 @ 10:16 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12

I just saw fake news on NBC where a spokesman was giving his authoritative opinon on a certain socio/political group. He spoke his opinion with no scientific validity behind it, yet he is called a social scientist. Journalists eat this stuff for breakfast lunch and dinner

Post Your Comment
10/20/18 @ 10:04 PM
ifishwi
ifishwi
USER since 1/12/05

Random thought; I wonder how long we get to talk about fake news before all these posts get yanked? By the way a discussion regarding fake news is not political conversation is it?

Post Your Comment
10/20/18 @ 9:56 PM
ChubSucker
ChubSucker
USER since 9/3/17

Anyone that reports a story with an "unnamed source" needs to face the military". Can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned. 

Post Your Comment
10/20/18 @ 9:55 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
Just have them walk into the Saudi consulate

Post Your Comment
10/20/18 @ 9:53 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12

I see all the journalists would easily get around the fake news laws by claiming they only get their info by quoting other peoples opinions.  Ive seen some real dandies giving their opinions on the evening news.  Thats what passes for news these days is fielding opinions from anyone willing to spout off a few words of opininated wisdom.  

The best factual news comes when these grownups with college educations ask a 3rd grader what their opinion is on a certain subject and the journalist act likes it should be some kind of universal wisdom for adults.  Lot of that going on nowadays in journalism. 

Edited on 10/20/18 9:54 PM
Post Your Comment
10/20/18 @ 9:48 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12

Not "other politicians"

"ALL OTHER POLITICIANS"

Post Your Comment
10/20/18 @ 9:45 PM
goons den
goons den
USER since 12/30/04

So fake news journalists should be jailed, but Trump (and to be fair - other politicians) can blatantly lie?

Uhhh, ok.  

Post Your Comment
10/20/18 @ 9:45 PM
ChubSucker
ChubSucker
USER since 9/3/17

Edited on 10/20/18 9:46 PM
Post Your Comment
10/20/18 @ 9:42 PM
ifishwi
ifishwi
USER since 1/12/05

Well, you'll never be able to pass law that would jail fake news journalists, the real enemy of the people. More people just got to learn how to see thru their BS and ignore the bias to get the actual factual news. Unfortunately way too many people hate so much that they eat it up, take it for facts, and act (vote) accordingly. We just need enough voters who have the capacity to see this and act accordingly. The problem will go away on it's own. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 11 to 20 of 1,490 Posts