Random Thoughts

3/23/17 @ 8:08 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

I miss the old thread...

My random thought for the day?

While driving to Oconomowoc this evening I noticed a dead deer on the side of the road with a big ole' orange X painted on it's side. 

What in the world is that for?  Are they trying to keep track of what deer has been reported dead (for disposal purposes?)  If so, wouldn't it just be easier for the guy to throw the dead deer in the back of the county vehicle rather than painting it's side with an orange X?

Edited on 3/23/17 8:10 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 1,387 Posts
TODAY @ 10:53 AM
Mr.Seaguar
Mr.Seaguar
MEMBER since 2/5/05

I think fewer prisons, more executions. My family, your family, all people should be safe going through day to day life without fear. If you commit a violent felony, death sentence and not this 17 years of appeals crap. Take them out back and put a bullet behind the ear with the echo of the gavel still ringing. Seriously, I hate crime. I've had enough friends victimized. 

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 10:16 AM
catmandooo
catmandooo
USER since 7/18/18

Fixing the problem.Murder means life,except in VERY few case.Kill someone driving drunk-25 years.Carjack while armed -15 yrs.My point is build more prisons,take more criminals off the streets! I am fairly conservative and I would be willing to pay $500.00 more a year in taxes,just to take this scum off the streets.Look what softness on crime has done to Milwaukee and Chicago,both once fairly decent cities.Now crime ridden,due to coddling criminals.Just my opinion,whether you think its right or wrong.I have grandchildren that I want to grow up in a safer world.Minnesota is run by fools,they elected Jesse Ventura,says something doesn't it?

Edited on 9/23/18 10:17 AM
Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 9:57 AM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01

I'm no bleeding heart liberal...but...Wisconsin has roughly the same population as MN but twice the prison population. Some as a side  result of 'truth in sentencing".Serve your time,do almost all of your extended supervision but screw up - and not even a big screw up at that - right before you're off paper. You often end up starting your sentence from the beginning.

They call it doing life on the installment plan.

It's a pretty screwed up system created not by professionals to fix a problem but by politicians to get re-elected

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 9:08 AM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

Wonder where I could get a target stick for my dog...

kind of funny, obviously by the grammar the OP is from a different country...

Edited on 9/23/18 9:08 AM
Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 8:33 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

"social programs are jails"

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 8:30 AM
Poison...
Poison...
USER since 3/14/18

“Less social programs and more jails” 

Whats the definition of insanity?

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 7:26 AM
Bowbuckman2
Bowbuckman2
USER since 9/22/18

Got to love the loooooong traaaiiins these days. So long they block 3 intersections out in the country so you have to drive back roads back into town to get around them. At 5 in the morning.

Edited on 9/23/18 7:28 AM
Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 12:19 AM
ChubSucker
ChubSucker
USER since 9/3/17

Just out of curiosity, what does everyone think a life is worth?

Guilty of gunning down man in middle of street, Marreon Jones sentenced to 27 years

So now a days, you can murder someone and get out of jail in just 27 years, I suppose he'll get out before that for good behavior. 

How much time should a drunk driver face when you can get out of prison for 1st degree murder in 27 years?

Edited on 9/23/18 12:33 AM
Post Your Comment
9/22/18 @ 10:59 AM
catmandooo
catmandooo
USER since 7/18/18

In Wisconsin the Tavern League lobbyists are very powerful.Its ALL about the money NOT human lives.Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.It should be 3 DUIs and jail ,no license for 5 yrs.4 no license EVER! Too many dangerous drunks out there.I have seen and experienced the mayhem caused by drunk driving and don't find it amusing.I realize that some will drive after revocation,but if there were serious consequences it may cut that down.If we used the money we waste on foolish social programs we could build more prisons to incarcerate more criminals and other repeat offenders!

Edited on 9/22/18 11:02 AM
Post Your Comment
9/22/18 @ 8:19 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

It used to be 3? But not anymore I think. Justice system is too inconsistent to tell anymore. Depends on judge I guess. Maybe it’s the Judge that has become inconsistent? 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 1,387 Posts