Random Thoughts

3/23/17 @ 7:08 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

I miss the old thread...

My random thought for the day?

While driving to Oconomowoc this evening I noticed a dead deer on the side of the road with a big ole' orange X painted on it's side. 

What in the world is that for?  Are they trying to keep track of what deer has been reported dead (for disposal purposes?)  If so, wouldn't it just be easier for the guy to throw the dead deer in the back of the county vehicle rather than painting it's side with an orange X?

Edited on 3/23/17 7:10 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 1,562 Posts
11/15/18 @ 6:47 PM
Mr.Seaguar
Mr.Seaguar
MEMBER since 2/5/05

My daughter was parked at her high school and this girl backed in to her. Must have been cruising because there has to be $3000 in damage. I be like dang, slow down kiddo. Nobody got hurt, so no big deal.

Post Your Comment
11/15/18 @ 12:40 PM
PSE
PSE
MEMBER since 11/25/05

Yesterday my waterpipes froze and split. Had the plumber repair. This morning  a moth flew by while I sat in my treestand. WTF

Post Your Comment
11/15/18 @ 7:37 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

There's no catch and release for deer

This deers been spotted for at least 2 years now everybody and their brother is been going after it 

People can't get enough of trail photos of this deer

This deer has developed a bounty on its head

And that's the story

Post Your Comment
11/15/18 @ 7:25 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Isn’t it strange that some people say you should have thrown that gigantic Musky, Northern, Bass, and many other fish species back in, but when the guy in Eau Claire just shot a 19pt buck, he will be a hero. He shot it Saturday. Big old boy. It’s a Trophy now! Lol ?? 

Lots of traffic going north tonight!!!! Should be an interesting drive. Trucks from our neighbors to the south will be in a hurry to get the heat on in cabin!!!!!!! I’m predicting only, will report back my findings.

Edited on 11/15/18 7:39 AM
Post Your Comment
11/14/18 @ 1:38 PM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

How much do you want to bet that the Catman is back on Facebook and now complaining about LL?

Post Your Comment
11/14/18 @ 6:04 AM
GRANDAD
GRANDAD
USER since 6/1/09

I grew up in Milwaukee my job 10 yrs. old was to keep the stoker full! It was smaller ground coal shoveled into a hopper to feed the boiler!One a week had to clean the plates in the boiler,scrape them down and remove the clinkers,and take them out to the concrete ash box! Smashed up the bigger ones and spread on sidewalk ice! Tried to tell the Grandkids and they thought it was cruel child labor! Everybody in household had a job,that was mine,72 years old and still kicking! Give your kids a choir,it will pay off in the long run!

Post Your Comment
11/13/18 @ 9:37 PM
One shot one kill
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

I spent a summer camping in Canada for school . Rained 28 out of 50 days . Every campground had firewood.  Very green pine . We learned to pick up the lumps of coal that we found on our hikes . Once it was lit it would burn in moderate rain unlike the "firewood" . Only bad thing was rain kept the smoke low , and it was a higher sulphur coal so your eyes burned all the time .

Post Your Comment
11/13/18 @ 6:41 PM
bluefin16
bluefin16
USER since 1/9/08

Man chaw and lwinger you nailed it on the smells.. my old man was a over the road truck driver. I lived all year to be able to travel the summers with him when i was young!  To this day the smell of old time ( before def, its just different now) diesel exhaust and fresh blacktop will make me smile. Weird i know but the smell of either take me back 

Post Your Comment
11/13/18 @ 4:30 PM
Pool8
Pool8
USER since 1/27/17

Growing up in Chicago coal bins were in the alleys,  they're still there made out of concrete. The conversion to all natural gas happened to a real large extent in the 60s and 70s  moving away from coal and oil there.

Post Your Comment
11/13/18 @ 12:37 PM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

Nice story Iwinger. It’s funny how a specific smell can bring back vivid memories but I can totally relate. Old Spice still brings a tear to my eye. Glad you have that fond memory and cool story.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 1,562 Posts