Random Thoughts

3/23/17 @ 7:08 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

I miss the old thread...

My random thought for the day?

While driving to Oconomowoc this evening I noticed a dead deer on the side of the road with a big ole' orange X painted on it's side. 

What in the world is that for?  Are they trying to keep track of what deer has been reported dead (for disposal purposes?)  If so, wouldn't it just be easier for the guy to throw the dead deer in the back of the county vehicle rather than painting it's side with an orange X?

Edited on 3/23/17 7:10 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 632 Posts
TODAY @ 12:33 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12

As much as I once respected Jims Evrards professional background I slowly discovered he has become a chronic and even patholgical whiner and I have wondered if he is suffering from some dimentia.  I wrote to Dean Bortz about the general quality of the articles and went so far to cancel my subscription because of Jim.  I have to believe he isnt paid very much for his contributions to the paper and thats why he is still on the staff.  If Jims psychological issues was the only fault of that paper I wouldnt have canceled.

Those published letters from the readers to the editor tend to be uhhm.......less than flattering to their authors and also speaks to the low level educational abilities of the publication.

Edited on 1/23/18 6:05 PM
Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 11:26 AM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01

Anybody else read Jim Evrards[SP?} column in Wisconsin Outdoors News? He described his 2017 deer hunting season. Seems like a putz. Mrt. 

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 9:02 AM
phishin phool
phishin phool
USER since 4/5/08

Really unsure what thread to post this one. Over first cup of coffee this morning was pondering the sad fact I did not get a deer this year. Now the shelves in the garage freezer that were set aside for venison will be empty...

What really popped into my head was what happened to me on my first deer hunt in Germany. It was the second day and we (guide and I) had decided to take the 3 year old we had seen the day before. When he came out of the tree line Hein told me to take him. I did all the normal things and finally took the shot. Down he went like a wet dish rag. Hein looked at me and finally smiled. "Waidmannsheil" he said, and I replied, "Waidmannsdank". Then he really shocked me and in his limited English said, "I was worried about you when you lined up your shot, as you never once shook or seemed nervous" Then after he was down you were shaking like a leaf in a tree and I knew then you were a hunter and not a shooter" I thought a while and told him..."The day I do not get nervous or tremble after the shot, I will lay down my weapon and never hunt again" Hein said he would buy me an extra bier for that statement and said he would always remember it and me.

I hope this story does not appear I am bragging, but, well, maybe I am...

Edited on 1/23/18 9:04 AM
Post Your Comment
1/22/18 @ 11:33 PM
Mr.Seaguar
Mr.Seaguar
USER since 2/5/05

I want to thank the good Citizen of Lake Link who recommended the product available online called a Trumpy Bear. I have had hours of fun laughing at the advertisement. 

Post Your Comment
1/22/18 @ 1:27 PM
Lastcastmaybeknot
Lastcastmaybeknot
USER since 4/20/16

Was watching Bonanza with the kid today and a lady said.... Did you ever notice just how long people listen to the truth.  Really reminded me of Democrats and fake news

Post Your Comment
1/22/18 @ 7:00 AM
luvh20
luvh20
USER since 1/19/14

Some poor guy almost lost a really nice Beaver Dam tip-up on Saturday on little Cedar Lake.

Would have been a darn shame had I run it over while I was SLOWLY driving back to the public launch. It would not have even been a close call had there been some sort of marker letting me know it was there.

I have no sympathy, and I won't even stop when you Einstein's do not put some kind of marker next to your tip ups.

Post Your Comment
1/21/18 @ 7:00 PM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01

Ya’all we’re talking “friendly neighbors”...I just moved in to my new digs for the next 23 days. Big Pine Key Fishing Lodge (and campground). Margaritaville. Folks are VERY friendly. Way different from the last 3 campgrounds. 4 really...although I’ve been told that folks in the electric sites are snooty.

Post Your Comment
1/21/18 @ 6:37 PM
Mr.Seaguar
Mr.Seaguar
USER since 2/5/05

Green hornets caught more fish than you've lied about, Thrash!

I use Schooleys sometimes. They won't last 47 years, though.

Post Your Comment
1/21/18 @ 6:22 PM
Thrash
Thrash
MEMBER since 6/15/01

Would that be your trusty, "Green Hornet", Mr. Max Goldman?

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.  It was teed up so well.

Post Your Comment
1/21/18 @ 3:53 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
USER since 1/14/02

Don't use my locator and my main panfish pole I have used for better then 47 years

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 632 Posts