Pressure Washer Purchase

5/5/14 @ 11:41 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
I do not own a pressure washer but I think I could use one. I don't do a lot of heavy duty stuff. I will just use it for general clean up type stuff. My wife may use it to re-stain the deck once in a while. Do they make electric ones? I am thinking that not having to maintain another engine may be nice. What do you guys know about these things? Thanks. Mrt.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 19 Posts
9/22/14 @ 7:22 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
USER since 1/14/02
Several years ago we bought an electric Karcher 1750psi for the wife's cleaning biz and it still works very good, just used it tonight on the house. Cleans vinyl siding great but won't take off the black stuff from the soffits or gutters using the Karcher brand cleaner

Post Your Comment
9/21/14 @ 11:52 PM
BOBBYB
BOBBYB
USER since 5/24/03
Had a generac. Lasted 6 months and started leaking. Got into it and Found what part i needed and a place to get it. Not a generac dealer but a parts place. Went there to get the part and was told generacs were not built to be fixed but to be replaced. I said its 6 months old and he said i have seen some that didnt make it 2 months.

Post Your Comment
9/21/14 @ 9:00 PM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
I need one a couple/three times per year and have always been able to borrow it. I knew eventually I'd be given one so it'd be silly to buy my own.

I waited,I got. Crsftsman. Inlaws went condo.

It's adequate but I'm not really qualified to compare. Tecumseh engine.

Like has been mentioned,they just don't get used enough to justify the purchase for most folks. I'd guess a decent one could be gotten from CL for cheap.

Post Your Comment
9/21/14 @ 1:30 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
I see washers with the Honda engine costng a few hundred extra. But for something you use a few hours per year does the Honda quality really get you anything special. Chance are the pressure pump will fail before any type of engine will. Any thoughts on this?

Post Your Comment
9/21/14 @ 11:15 AM
Mike Nitro
Mike Nitro
USER since 4/3/14
Any advice on good Brand names? I am in the market but like to hear good reviews before buying.

Post Your Comment
5/6/14 @ 10:21 AM
ayeFeesh
ayeFeesh
USER since 5/17/11
They get good reviews from what I've seen. And like you said its a Wisconsin company.

Post Your Comment
5/6/14 @ 7:00 AM
topam
topam
USER since 1/22/05
Hi I have seen the Generac brand power washers in stores can anyone comment on these? I know they are a local company in the state that makes generators but I thought I would try to support our local workers pending any negative comments

Post Your Comment
5/5/14 @ 7:23 PM
Madgill
Madgill
MEMBER since 12/26/01
I think the pressure washer is over rated! I bought an electric one many years ago and it sits in the basement. Used it a couple of times, once to strip the deck, too harsh, it raised the grain, once to wash the house, it forced water into the windows. I can do without one, I use a hose with a slim nozzle for most jobs. A great "man tool" to have in the arsenal if something comes up though!

Post Your Comment
5/5/14 @ 7:10 PM
Bug Zapper
Bug  Zapper
USER since 7/19/04
I used to work on sanitation shift and we had 6 hoses running off a central powerwash system.Man that thing was nasty powerful.I own a 3000 psi washer that works great for driveways etc. But I won't use the narrow tip it could kill someone!

Post Your Comment
5/5/14 @ 6:42 PM
Mike Nitro
Mike Nitro
USER since 4/3/14
Any good brands out there? I know the Honda engines are nice but what about pressure washer brand names or stores to shop. Thanks...

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 19 Posts