Port Clinton Fishing hotels

4/28/15 @ 10:04 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Tomandju
Tomandju
USER since 1/31/12
Can anyone recommend a place to stay? I am there to fish not stay in the room so as long as its clean but do need the following. Boat and trailer parking Electric for battery charging in parking area Fish cleaning house and fish freezing Close to public\private launch
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
5/6/15 @ 11:24 AM
Fish Hound
Fish Hound
USER since 1/29/02
Place is under new ownership and all went well, don't let the past reviews of this place scare you off.

I would use Hi-Way bait and tackle, not far down the road.

We brought our own boats. The first day one boat jigged and trolled out of Wild Wings and got a 3 man limit of smaller fish. We launched out of Catawba and fished spots around the islands. Started the first morning with cranks but quickly changed to crawlers and the bite was on. Three man limit of BIG fish both days. Most fish caught NW of Upper Bass between the island and the Canadian line. Lots of "Fish Ohio's" caught both days.

Post Your Comment
5/6/15 @ 8:41 AM
Tomandju
Tomandju
USER since 1/31/12
Fish Hound, how was your trip? I stayed at surf motel 20 years ago. I just booked there for next week. New owner said our rooms were just remodeled.

Did you charter or take your boat? Can you recommend a good area bait store or place to eat?

Post Your Comment
4/28/15 @ 12:54 PM
Fish Hound
Fish Hound
USER since 1/29/02
Many of the hotels around Port Clinton are just that, hotels. They are multi-level minimum access locations with large parking lots and little to no electrical access for plugging in boats. We stay at these places in winter as things can get locked up outside with little concern.

Open water we prefer motel style accommodations where we can pull our boats up right to the motel room door and plug them in. We are leaving on Thursday afternoon staying through Sunday at the Surf Motel and Campgrounds in Marblehead, OH so I'll let you know after this weekend how it works out.

Post Your Comment