Plumbing question

3/7/13 @ 6:34 PM
ORIGINAL POST
jpwlegend
jpwlegend
USER since 12/29/07
I need to remove a one piece fiberglas shower stall but I'm not sure just how drain is connected. I imagine there's somebody who can tell me. Thanks!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 19 Posts
8/26/14 @ 5:12 AM
12packabs
12packabs
USER since 12/19/06
Lazyfisher,

Best option is to add a booster pump as last guy suggested. Another tank can be installed closer to the garden, but you will not see significant pressure boost. It will provide more water storage at the point of use, but not a big boost in pressure.

Grundfos, Pentair, Goulds all make good irrigation boosters like you could use. You might find some cheap makes (like Wayne, or Flotec) at a hardware store that will work too.

You will need a 115V single phase power supply to run a booster pump, probably 15-20amps of available power off your service panel.

Post Your Comment
8/25/14 @ 2:59 PM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
USER since 5/29/06
Ok, thanks for the help. There is a second well on the property that hasn't been used for a handful of years. I will look into what it will take to get that going.

Post Your Comment
8/25/14 @ 2:35 PM
stool bus
stool bus
USER since 4/30/14
the only way to have 2 pressure tanks and have 2 different pressures is to put in 2 well pumps in the same well casing and have 2 completely seperate water systems. i hope this makes sense. ps i am a master plumber.

Post Your Comment
8/21/14 @ 8:34 PM
Perchhound
Perchhound
USER since 12/5/07
Lazy we always had 2 tanks on the farm via one well. One in the house and one in the barn. Not sure if you can have one tank with a higher pressure. There may be some type of water valve switch that will only open and feed the pressure tank that demands it thus you can have a higher pressure in one tank. Maybe you would have to have 2 pressure switches then both are tied into that valve switch which directs water to the tank as needed. I don't think a pressure switch by itself would do the job as when the pump turns on it going to fill both tank the same based on the highest setting.

Post Your Comment
8/21/14 @ 7:59 AM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
USER since 5/29/06
Can I put 2 pressure tanks on 1 well? We water a very large market garden that is a little ways from the house. We loose a lot of pressure from the few hundred feet of hose we have running to the garden. We can't turn the pressure up because then it effects the house. I was thinking 1 tank at a higher pressure for the garden and 1 for the house. I can't see any issues with this, but I am not a plumber.

Post Your Comment
11/15/13 @ 6:59 PM
Madgill
Madgill
MEMBER since 12/26/01
Ha, those Fernco couplings are the best! Cracked stack pipe, no more leaks with the Fernco repair! No expensive plumber needed, yet.

Post Your Comment
11/10/13 @ 5:44 PM
Madgill
Madgill
MEMBER since 12/26/01
Thanks to Perchhound and FDL Mike for the advice! Had the pipe augered out to the street yesterday. Madison Sewer and Drain Cleaning did a great job, I thought quite reasonable at $125.00 on a Saturday! Found a crack in the ABS pipe, plumber sealed it up with a wax ring around the joint, still, leaked. I put a Fernco coupling around it today with some plumbers silicone. Will see if that works, a Red Green fix, but who knows? Might have to get a plumber, cut the cast pipe and re-do.

Edited on 11/10/13 5:45 PM
Post Your Comment
11/9/13 @ 6:18 AM
FDL Mike
FDL Mike
USER since 6/15/01
madgill , your piping is 100% identical to the piping I just replaced. could almost gaurantee you that , yes , your drain pipe is plugged

Post Your Comment
11/9/13 @ 6:15 AM
FDL Mike
FDL Mike
USER since 6/15/01
just replaced vent stack in kitchen with pvc... when they put the cast vent stacks in , they overlooked the corrosion that occurs where the vent stack joins to the drain .. You have water meeting oxygen = corrosion.. threads get ate out and pipe id gets smaller and smaller as corrosion build. I could barely get a pencil into the 1 and 1/2 inch drain pipe going to the basement.. my solution was go to pvc . where the drain turns into the stack , it usually goes to 2 inch and then 4inch through the roof

Post Your Comment
11/8/13 @ 7:27 PM
Madgill
Madgill
MEMBER since 12/26/01
Any Lake-link plumbers that can offer some advice? I have a leaky stack pipe, not too bad, leaks where the abs pipe goes into the cast iron, or at the cast iron joint. Ya think my drain line is plugged and needs to be rooted? Bought some Bioclean and have been using that for the past 2 days. Any advice would be appreciated!

Edited on 11/8/13 7:29 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 19 Posts