Plumbing Question on Shower Handles

12/19/14 @ 10:53 AM
ORIGINAL POST
BLACKMAX
BLACKMAX
USER since 1/5/06
My cold handle the stop is broken, this grey plastic part fits over the cartridge and has a spline for the handle. I can't find the make or model,it looks similar to a American Standard Cadet faucet. The cartridge is a small white ceramic type.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
12/27/14 @ 7:54 PM
crobar
crobar
USER since 6/19/01
Try Plumbing Parts Plus in West Allis, Wi. Their email is kanplumb@aol.com If you have a camera send them a picture. Two brothers that own it have over 70 years experience, and also have a lot of parts in stock. They have been helpful in the past, and should get you pointed in the right direction.

Post Your Comment
12/27/14 @ 5:30 PM
BLACKMAX
BLACKMAX
USER since 1/5/06
Mine isn't spinning on the spline, there is a grey plastic part that limits on and off.

Post Your Comment
12/24/14 @ 12:29 AM
milwaukeedan
milwaukeedan
USER since 11/4/04
I had a similar problems a few years ago. I went simple and epoxy'd the stripped handle back on. Worked great. Just get good epoxy. Of course I was renting and the landlord was a drunk... so yea you may want to do it right.

Edited on 12/24/14 12:33 AM
Post Your Comment
12/21/14 @ 7:58 AM
prop-buster
prop-buster
USER since 6/14/05
last time I had trouble with handle being stripped off, (old American Standard), had good luck at Home Depot, gal went out of her way to help me out. This one happens to be in LaCrosse, not sure about other stores, know sometimes @ Lake Delton one has trouble finding anybody to help you out.

Post Your Comment
12/20/14 @ 4:20 PM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
Did you bring it in to Menards and try to match it up?

Dey got lots of stuff dare.

...and I have replaced a shower faucet handle with a perfect match in their plumbing dept.

You might be able to compare at efaucets.com. http://www.efaucets.com/Showers.asp

Post Your Comment
12/20/14 @ 2:15 PM
BLACKMAX
BLACKMAX
USER since 1/5/06
This is a fairly new fixture, no lead.

Post Your Comment
12/19/14 @ 11:35 AM
FDL Mike
FDL Mike
USER since 6/15/01
you might have to go to plumbing shops as most hardware and retail stores had to pull all faucet parts from the shelves if they contain lead

Post Your Comment